24-26 May: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a high school stadium. The plans for the new facility look very nice but I didn't see any sign of any on-going construction.

5 hours ago, TIWIT said:

Looks like a high school stadium. The plans for the new facility look very nice but I didn't see any sign of any on-going construction.

I think they are at a new site and than plans are for the ground they used to play at. 

16 hours ago, wilsontown said:

In fairness I think the clubhouse etc is on the side where the cameras are, could look slightly more impressive from the other side. Or perhaps not.

Nope, there's only a temporary stand down one side and nothing down the other. The clubhouse is off to the side at one end. Picture below shows the ground without the temporary stand

3 hours ago, bobbruce said:

I think they are at a new site and than plans are for the ground they used to play at. 

No. they are for their current ground.

500-x-500-Olympic-Park.jpg

I’m surprised at the turnaround margin TO v Leigh ( 44-16 ) after last week against TWP.

How did Jodie Broughton coming back from Catalans slot in?  I saw his name on the bench. 

5 hours ago, SL17 said:

Full time V Part time.. Do you actually understand that or just ignorant to the fact?

Although Summer Bash beating a full time squad has probably taken its toll.

York went there the Saturday after Easter and lost by 4 - Both teams scored 5 tries each.

You don't have to be ignorant of any facts to be surprised by a scoreline, it's just sport mate. Chill out.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Toulouse are a quality team that can punish anybody , nobody really goes there expecting to win , some good games coming up for Leigh with Fax and the Bulls next at Leigh 

Fax will be on the back of the quarter final of the CC then the midweek game against Sheffield so unfortunately for us as important game as it is it would take a huge effort to get anything from that game.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fax will be on the back of the quarter final of the CC then the midweek game against Sheffield so unfortunately for us as important game as it is it would take a huge effort to get anything from that game.

Yes we have ' dropped lucky ' with yourselves then The Bulls at home the weeks after you've both been involved in a big cup game and then a midweek match the to the silly cup , just the way it goes 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes we have ' dropped lucky ' with yourselves then The Bulls at home the weeks after you've both been involved in a big cup game and then a midweek match the to the silly cup , just the way it goes 

Yeah I really do not know which way we will play it. The league has to be priority but we will obviously be full strength for the CC game because the prize money is probably decent in comparison to the league pay out for next year. The 1895 is obviously the best chance of seeing our teams at Wembley which would be nice for the fans but we play the 1st choice in that game and not a chance we go to Leigh and pull off a victory. Id imagine squad rotation similar to today will be used the the midweek game in the hope of having enough fresh bodies to be competitive for the Leigh game.

Final score, Fev 42 Bulls 4.

2nd half probably best summed up by Bradford winning a scrum with 9 seconds left on the clock, yet Fev still managed a final try before the hooter. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Archived