26 May: SL MW: Leeds Rhinos v London Broncos KO 3.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/05/19 at 14:30

32 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No not at all Nadera, I explained why I posted on another name just have a look at how many posts have originated from it for clarification if needed and if I wanted to hide my identity why would I have selected that user name? Even you should be able to untangle that web of deciet you accuse me of, anyway it does not bother me one bit whether you belive me or not.

I believe you Harry!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/05/2019 at 10:10, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

with more fanbase, facilities and money than any other club eventually even a monkey will return the club to glory and their misery will return.

? Hmmmm....... Would you say that's not very complimentary about the current people in charge ? ?

52 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

if konnie is playing leeds will win if not they will lose, simples

I would have agreed with you, but he seemed to go missing at Odsal ?️‍♀️?

On 22/05/2019 at 19:15, fieldofclothofgold said:

You sound like the employer in the novel The RAGGED Trousered Philanthropists 

Or maybe the Ragged Phantasist who imagines he trousered the cash from t'mill ?

On 21/05/2019 at 23:21, M j M said:

They've sacked the head coach. I know you have agendas aplenty when it comes to RL's most succesful modern administrator but accusing them of not taking action is a bit of a stretch.

Would the Leeds board ever think about getting rid of Hetherington if they carry on the way they are going, or is he un-sackable. Have any Leeds fans started blaming him, or is he held in high regards as Sir Sir Sir Kev. 

On 22/05/2019 at 09:08, Harry Stottle said:

London will be the best supported team in the ground and around the country on the TV that there has ever been at the magic weekend, being the middle game on Sunday the leftover HKR and Salford fans, and the following Cas and Saints fans will all be on Londons side cheering them on. 

Bloody Hell, worraboot the full weekenders like us lot?

Hull FC are playing in the middle game on Saturday but, I have to confess, I'm looking forward at least as much to Sunday, where I have two teams to cheer for. ?

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

12 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not Guilty Mi Lud,

I paid more than other employer's in like industrues, gave 34 days annual holiday (OK it included the 8 statutory days but still more than most) allowed the employees other benefits over and above the gov guidelines, and paid holiday and annual bonuses, in fact I had a very happy workforce, we had a mutual respect, I appreciated the effort they put in and they were happy with the rewards I gave them.

Incidentally I never ever told anyone to do anything I always asked "can you do this please" I never got challenged with a negative response, so I do not know how I would gave reacted, it didn't happen, no need for trade unions in my work places.

PS. I was a shop steward at 20 years old in the A.U.E.W.

Now you're sounding like POTUS 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

8 hours ago, Sparse Attendance said:

Would the Leeds board ever think about getting rid of Hetherington if they carry on the way they are going, or is he un-sackable. Have any Leeds fans started blaming him, or is he held in high regards as Sir Sir Sir Kev. 

Hetherington has credit in the bank as does Caddick (majority owner) due to the success they've delivered.

Whilst Hetherington is considered somewhat tight with the purse strings by some, others think hes shrewd.

Some Leeds fans jumping on Sinfield like it's his fault, (which it isn't) and it's clear hes employed as the shield to Hetherington. He's more at risk.

In Peacock and Sinfield Leeds lost two world class players and they were both leaders. Irrespective of money, you cannot just replace that talent.

You add to that, International standard players like Maguire, Burrow, Hardaker etc and it's a big big hole to fill.

It has not been mooted anywhere but I get the impression the board allowed this to happen whilst pocketing millions. Not dissimilar to what Arsenal did when they built their new stadium or what Tottenham are doing now.

Each fan wants success but some Leeds fans are so quick to be on the band wagon and you've got to laugh at the trolls!

1 hour ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

Hetherington has credit in the bank as does Caddick (majority owner) due to the success they've delivered.

Whilst Hetherington is considered somewhat tight with the purse strings by some, others think hes shrewd.

Some Leeds fans jumping on Sinfield like it's his fault, (which it isn't) and it's clear hes employed as the shield to Hetherington. He's more at risk.

In Peacock and Sinfield Leeds lost two world class players and they were both leaders. Irrespective of money, you cannot just replace that talent.

You add to that, International standard players like Maguire, Burrow, Hardaker etc and it's a big big hole to fill.

It has not been mooted anywhere but I get the impression the board allowed this to happen whilst pocketing millions. Not dissimilar to what Arsenal did when they built their new stadium or what Tottenham are doing now.

Each fan wants success but some Leeds fans are so quick to be on the band wagon and you've got to laugh at the trolls!

What do you consider to be a troll, is it someone with a different perception to your own?

For what reason do you think your board has been scraping the cream of the top and pocketing the profits and why should they, do you consider the Leeds Rhino's board is made up of people for who membership is just another buisness transaction and the welfare of the club and loyalty of it's supporters is secondary? Sorry your comparrison with the two football clubs means diddly squat to me, I have no interest whatsoever in the round ball game that being so I don't listen, read or watch anything to do with it.

On the 'perception' of the individual, I totally agree with your World Class assesment of Mr Peacock I consider he earned that accolade in the only place a player can do and that is on the International stage with the performances he exhibited against others who had earned the same respect, sorry but I cannot apportion Mr Sinfield of that attribute performing in the same environment, very good club player, great leader in the domestic game, but for me, never acheiced those lofty heights internationally. We both have our own opinions and that is our perception.

Now I hope you do not consider this reply to be 'trolling' it is not meant to be. I am genuinely intersted on your assesment of the Leeds board actions please reply, and we have a difference of opinion with regards to Mr Sinfield, thats all, nothing else.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Mr Trump?

To a lot of people that would be an accolade, to others well somewhat different, depending which side of the house you sit on do you consider me to be truthful or a liar!

No just but you got me to bite first here hee 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

The Leeds management didn't "pocket millions". However they certainly did well in the good years however with Hetherington and Oates getting some decent bonuses plus some favourable directors loans being fired their way through the holding company (these are still owed back by them).

Most of the club's profits were put away as savings for the stadium rebuild. Caddick also benefited whilst he was still owner of the RU club of a certain amount of cross subsidising from the Rhinos, reducing the amounts he needed to put into the union club to prop it up.

Despite last year being chaotic on and off field Leeds expect to report only a small loss for the year when they file their accounts. It will be more tricky going forward with the size of the interest charges.

6 hours ago, M j M said:

The Leeds management didn't "pocket millions". However they certainly did well in the good years however with Hetherington and Oates getting some decent bonuses plus some favourable directors loans being fired their way through the holding company (these are still owed back by them).

Most of the club's profits were put away as savings for the stadium rebuild. Caddick also benefited whilst he was still owner of the RU club of a certain amount of cross subsidising from the Rhinos, reducing the amounts he needed to put into the union club to prop it up.

Despite last year being chaotic on and off field Leeds expect to report only a small loss for the year when they file their accounts. It will be more tricky going forward with the size of the interest charges.

I wonder as Hetherington and Mr Caddick get older and a bit fatigued if there are new investors waiting to come in ? 

JAMIE PEACOCK

Back on thread, the issue here uis how can London continue to upset the narrrative of the 2019. You know the one that has London going down with no further wins which allows clubs above them to rebuild in relative comfort. The ulitimate underdogs have confounded their critics including myself,who though they would not win another game altering but not as yet changing the narrative..

What's clear is that the more wins the club picks up The more worried clubs above them get. If London survive then , in cricketing parlance, it will be by taking the game deep, not only in matches played against fellow strugglers but also in respect of still being in wuith a shout of avoiding the drop  come the last home game against Leeds on 1st September.

That's a way off and despite all the faux pessimism from Leeds fans on here. Cashed up Leeds are still favourites and should win by 12 points.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

London to win on Golden Pond

I'm quite Fonda golden point.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

20 hours ago, Sparse Attendance said:

Leeds will win by 8, the big occasion will get to the “Gawd Bless Ya Mary Poppins Brigade”. If the Leeds centre plays (ive forgot his name) then they’ll win by 30. 

You do know that the East End of London i.e. 'Cockerny W@nkers' is absolutely not the same place as Ealing right, typically insular Northerner who thinks that anything further South of Northampton is ''cor blimey guv'nor' territory.

Just now, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

You do know that the East End of London i.e. 'Cockerny W@nkers' is absolutely not the same place as Ealing right, typically insular Northerner who thinks that anything further South of Northampton is ''cor blimey guv'nor' territory.

You couldn’t be further from the truth. Everyone knows the south begins at Stoke.

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Oh dear calm down, calm down you’ve gone all raging bull. I thought with Dick Van Dyke being a cockney that’s how you all talk innit. 

On 24/05/2019 at 00:44, Old Frightful said:

Bloody Hell, worraboot the full weekenders like us lot?

Hull FC are playing in the middle game on Saturday but, I have to confess, I'm looking forward at least as much to Sunday, where I have two teams to cheer for. ?

Get your voice ready for a loud roar of 'Laaaaahhhhndon.....Laaaahndon'!

11 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I've pointed out to Northern monkey mates in the past that London has 32 Boroughs - most of which have populations bigger than a lot of northern cities.....they have no concept that 'London' is not a single entity by any means

Archived