Swinton away

EQUALIZER

Why do we put up with the agony of watching? Another game we should have won but pressed the self destruct button again....Knowles sin bin, inability to deal with a kick off and slack defence lead to the inevitable. Effort alone is not enough- we desperately need someone who has the composure to kill teams off. Swinton were not better than us but showed that bit more when it mattered. 

We need to show composure. We have plenty of experienced players. We will no doubt hear more of its a transitional season. LG will be having another transitional season next year as well in League 1 if we're not careful when he will lose half the squad.

Ill discipline and poor game management is costing us every week and has for the last 2 years. Surely we can pick 17 out of all the lads and loanees who can put 80 mins together.

i think we need another 6 wins to stay up and no idea where they are coming from. So frustrating and can’t even listen or read Greenwood’s comments anymore!

Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

GAME MANAGEMENT!!!!   

Why did we not take the drop goal opportunity when we were 12 points up .... right in front of the posts!!  No we threw it wide and Knowles got sin binned!! ... we know the rest!!  ...... if we had taken that opportunity Knowles would not have been sin binned .. we probably would have stayed calm and seen the game out ... Kibula would not have been sent off!!   ... This is not hindsight I was screaming it at the time!!  Naivety.... doesn't come close .. complete lack of vision and clear thinking under pressure!!

This is not the first time this has happened this season.... poor game management has cost us points this season !!  again I repeat this is not hindsight ... its the beeping obvious!!  RANT OVER!!

4 hours ago, MirfieldRams said:

Ill discipline and poor game management is costing us every week and has for the last 2 years. Surely we can pick 17 out of all the lads and loanees who can put 80 mins together.

i think we need another 6 wins to stay up and no idea where they are coming from. So frustrating and can’t even listen or read Greenwood’s comments anymore!

Spot on...Think a team of under 9's would have. more idea of how to finish a game.. Brown cold have kicked the ball into touch when we down at their end late on  but decided to just kick straight into their hands...Then the Knowles business, shocking and when we put the drop kick over everyone in the ground knew that short kick off was coming..well, not quite everyone, The Dewsbury players clearly didn't.  

OK. we didn't play superbly well, but I don't think we deserved to lose and you know what, had we not kicked that drop goal we'd have come away with a point. Lads, if you can't defend a kick off please don't go for late drop goals..Its not worth it..

Finally, you mention picking 17 players.  We don't.  For reasons best known tour coach only he picks Jordan Andrade and then gives him 2 minutes.  Pointless and massively demoralising for the young lad would be my guess..

I don't think we need another 6 wins, we just need to see off Barrow and Rochdale but if we keep playing like this then thats far from certain and if we don't get Sykes back soon we won't see any one off..

I will read what Lee has to say cos he must be running out of excuses for what we are having to witness week in week out...

Wins home and away against Rochdale and at home to Barrow might be enough. The worry is that Barrow pick up a win or two against a team in mid table. 

So frustrating to lose another fight game. More composure and a bit of nouse and we’d have another 5/6 league wins. 

Sykes’ return can’t come soon enough. 

8 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Thankfully I missed this one, but seen others like it so I can visualise it. Brown awarded MoM in League Express. Was he?

LE said that both Knowles and Kibula were given their cards for dissent - Knowles was for retaliation and Kibula for fighting. It also said that there were nearly 800 in the ground - there were more like 500. Similarly it reports 930 at Sheffield on Friday night. In other words don't believe everything that you read in LE.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

Wins home and away against Rochdale and at home to Barrow might be enough. The worry is that Barrow pick up a win or two against a team in mid table. 

So frustrating to lose another fight game. More composure and a bit of nouse and we’d have another 5/6 league wins. 

Sykes’ return can’t come soon enough. 

The ironic thing had we played like this last week we might of won.Back to where we were against York etc.We can't close a game down.The guvner will sort it.

21 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

...So frustrating to lose another fight game. More composure and a bit of nouse and we’d have another 5/6 league wins....

We say this every time, but nothing happens to change matters. I don’t think the players are aware of how we supporters feel m, otherwise we may have seen different outcomes to matches. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

23 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It also said that there were nearly 800 in the ground - there were more like 500. Similarly it reports 930 at Sheffield on Friday night. In other words don't believe everything that you read in LE.

795 was the crowd announced by the stadium announcer. I agree there didn't seem to be so many there.

Tom

6 hours ago, Tom Coates said:

795 was the crowd announced by the stadium announcer. I agree there didn't seem to be so many there.

Indeed, so don't believe anything that stadium announcers say, either.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived