Sheffield a                       18

Toronto a                         28

Batley h                           12

Barrow                               5

7 home   and   5 away

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No we have 6 home games and 6 away games fev is away we have already played them at home batley an halifax and maybe  bradford at home should be target wins and swinton an dewsbury away if we can win 4 out of them 5 games then we might have a chance of staying up

16 hours ago, Michael Ashton said:

Completely agree Anonymouse. I hope we get apologies from those who slated everybody particularly the coach and players. I regret I could not make the game so listened to the commentary. Without seeing the match I would make Daly MOM. His field play seemed to be spot on and he got 9 out of 9 goal kicks. The tries were scored by Puara, Susino,Stack, Spedding,Star 3, Ritson & Toal. I have to say that Charnock was hardly mentioned. As for Rochdale being a poor side they looked pretty useful against Swinton in the Blackpool Bash.

Does anybody know the gate.

Having seen Leeds struggle to beat Broncos Leeds may well be relegated or will RFL change the rules. LOL

Gate was 1,114

Reading Peter Wilson in League Express he gives Daly as MOM and says that he was the architect of the victory. He also wrote that Amean was taken to hospital with a dislocated shoulder in the second half.

Sorry about the error with Fev. You are quite correct it is an away game.

We have done well to have home gates over 1000 throughout the season. According to my stats the only gate under 1000 was 898 against York in the CC. I think Sheffield, Swinton, Rochdale are consistently under 1000 and Batley & Dewsbury very often.

40 minutes ago, Barrow RLFC123 said:

I am guessing people aren’t allowed an opinion on here? I pay my money every home game so should be able to voice my opinion? 

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. What you're not entitled to is everyone agreeing with it or immunity from ridicule. 

In truth Rochdale were poor but after the start they had I feared the worst. I think that the attitude, intensity and desire of Susino and Puara got the team going with others putting their shoulders to the wheel in what was a good performance.

Barrow at Blackpool had that same desire and intensity until the half hour mark when Puara was substituted when it noticeably dipped - he should play as many minutes as he can. There appeared to be more freedom to play and less of the five drives and a kick predictability we have tried to play all season. 

Excellent win but frustrating as performances  like that earlier in the season would have seen us sitting nicely in mid-table. The team has shown what it can do, that momentum, intensity and ability to play attacking rugby could see a great escape if nerves are held.

P.S. Would anyone like to guess how Rochdale (even with that strong wind) got into our half in the second half?  - no surprise it was, I think on every occasion, stupid penalties once again.

14 minutes ago, red square said:

In truth Rochdale were poor but after the start they had I feared the worst. I think that the attitude, intensity and desire of Susino and Puara got the team going with others putting their shoulders to the wheel in what was a good performance.

Barrow at Blackpool had that same desire and intensity until the half hour mark when Puara was substituted when it noticeably dipped - he should play as many minutes as he can. There appeared to be more freedom to play and less of the five drives and a kick predictability we have tried to play all season. 

Excellent win but frustrating as performances  like that earlier in the season would have seen us sitting nicely in mid-table. The team has shown what it can do, that momentum, intensity and ability to play attacking rugby could see a great escape if nerves are held.

P.S. Would anyone like to guess how Rochdale (even with that strong wind) got into our half in the second half?  - no surprise it was, I think on every occasion, stupid penalties once again.

I think both hookers played brilliant, and linked with the forwards much better, The try that stood out for me was probably a coaches idea of a classic rugby try. Mossy, seeing nothing to the right, turned and ran across the line, Dan Toal read the situation, and accelerated towards him on the angle, the pass was perfect and Dan crashed through the line, young Ritson, also read the move and followed Dan through, received the ball 20 out, and was under the posts. great teamwork.

18 hours ago, Michael Ashton said:

Things still don't look good. We have the following league matches: 

League Points 26/5 

Widnes a                          4

Halifax h                           16

Featherstone h                18

Toulouse h                        22

Dewsbury a                     7

Leigh h                            18

Swinton a                          8

York h                              20

Bradford h                       16

Sheffield a                       18

Toronto a                         28

Batley h                           12

Barrow                               5

7 home   and   5 away

I think Leigh at home will be verrrry interesting. 

Those 3 (Leigh, Swinton, York ) will be the Key.

Brilliant to see a win and some points on the board.  

One swallow doesnt make a summer. But this is an excellent start. 

I think the  previous critiques of players and staff are fair game , however I think no one at the club will be hurting more than the coach and players. I hope this is a corner turned and the bodies back can get us through.

Archived