new allerdae leader

TOWNSTRIP13

Reading up on her she is probably the best of the independents and deserves the job,disappointed in labour refusing to work alongside her though. No doubt the deputy leader will keep us informed via facebook rants what is happening with the stadium 

I'm sure she will see sense and realise its an opportunity  to build the stadium is a no brainer ,and tell all those Independents who are against it ,to wise up and shut up .   all those jobs it will create, more people using the Town centre , a self financed Stadium  .New Hotel,   Restaurant . its called moving with the times .  

1 hour ago, Rango said:

This man cost mark fryer his council job and more than likely as a consequence cost the area a new stadium 

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/17671391.im-a-changed-man-new-deputy-mayor-of-workington-david-king-talks-about-his-fraudster-past/

very possibly, but their background obviously wasn't an issue while they were both members of the Labour Party, and isn't it the Town Council members who vote the Mayor into office, most of whom are Labour ? 

47 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

very possibly, but their background obviously wasn't an issue while they were both members of the Labour Party, and isn't it the Town Council members who vote the Mayor into office, most of whom are Labour ? 

Workington town council is mostly independent something like 16 to 9 Labour, no Tories though despite the efforts of a certain someone trying to be on every council going.Don't blame those independents for not knowing though as he is also a compulsive liar but would expect them to ask for his resignation 

What makes this worse is he spread lies about the stadium project and had people know what his background was would they have fallen for his lies? I very much doubt it. 

A good councillor has lost his seat because of this man on the back of this too.

surely there should be full disclosure before and during an election??

1 minute ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Sadly there must be some very gullible women about to fall for his 'charm' as he's certainly no Brad Pitt !

He must have the gift of the silver tongue.

Apparently,The Labour group knew about his misdeeds until he left them.I am somewhat suprised if this is true,I actually thought our Labour group would have been above that,but you never know what secrets they have, or did have until the hits the fan..  

"White elephant / vanity stadium "all part of their campaign,believe me they didn't have a clue,but they managed to convince people I know in Stainburn.,not to mention the smear campaign questioning honesty,integrity ????

You couldn't make it up?

55 minutes ago, bigapple said:

"White elephant / vanity stadium "all part of their campaign,believe me they didn't have a clue,but they managed to convince people I know in Stainburn.,not to mention the smear campaign questioning honesty,integrity ????

You couldn't make it up?

Exactly, and the local press reporting hasn't helped one bit. Disgraceful. Any other town in the country would be delighted to get a project like this.

Archived