Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v Bradford Sunday 26th May 2019

Thought we would beat Bradford today no matter what, just on our recent form and the structure we have at the moment, but Bradford were very poor today, not taking anything away from Fev, we played some nice rugby and we probably should have had more points on the board by half time, but overall thought it was a poor game, I was expecting a close contest with us just edging it but apart from Carey’s bad lack of judgement, they didn't look like they’d got a score in them. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Too many late changes grant, webster, milnes, peltier.

wilde then come into the halves, best backrower mini had to go centre to replace Webster. Foggin Johnson come into the team to replace grant. Stephenson a full back 18 year old replaced peltier a prop forward which was madness.

pickergill then went full back Ethan too the wing so the core the team how was training completely changed.

then lose prop forward green we already lacked size in the middle all first half defending took its toll in the second half. 

Ethans intercept was nothing wrong with that, foggin johnsons break also pulled back when nothing was wrong. George got done for crossing with a barge over try ?

We was poor today and that's down to on the day changes can't take anything away from fev who was on fire today.

has for hewer the mans a joke he does not have a clue that's for both teams.

the disallowed   first  try  wasn't barge over the player dummied to the left then went round the back of one of his own players def obstruction  

interception from a FEV  pass a bulls  player tapped the ball forward to player in offside position 

winger in seccond half ran round two player to make a gap 

i see you not mentioned your score when  the player caught the ball closer to the try line than the FEV defence the kick wasn't across the field  but towards the try line and your player did not run onto the ball but was waiting for it so to not be offside he must have been usain bolt in disguise

Fev have been the best team 3 games now only one they got a result in today we got put to the sword opening game you should won. The challenge cup you definitely should of won been best team for 71 minutes. That's rugby swings and roundabouts see totally different 17 take fax on next Sunday.

3 minutes ago, POR said:

the disallowed   first  try  wasn't barge over the player dummied to the left then went round the back of one of his own players def obstruction  

interception from a FEV  pass a bulls  player tapped the ball forward to player in offside position 

winger in seccond half ran round two player to make a gap 

i see you not mentioned your score when  the player caught the ball closer to the try line than the FEV defence the kick wasn't across the field  but towards the try line and your player did not run onto the ball but was waiting for it so to not be offside he must have been usain bolt in disguise

The one Ethan run onto that Carey misjudged thought it was going out that try Ethan is fast helped by that slope. 

Saw no hands touch the ball was a clean catch just a poor pass by Holmes I think it was.

not saying any would changed the game just that made it more of a contest maybe beaten by 20 instead of 38.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

I thought first 10 mins second half we looked lethargic and uninterested. And then they scored and I thought here we go.again  But then something seemed to click and we destroyed them.

Yes, fortunately they made a couple of poor last tackle plays in that time and then Pickersgill(?) knocked on in his own half and we never looked back. And whilst the attacking exploits will get the plaudits one of the best moments for me was Hardcastle making a fantastic defence relieving run after getting a poor pass just in front of his own line to make 15-20 yards.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

I thought first 10 mins second half we looked lethargic and uninterested. And then they scored and I thought here we go.again  But then something seemed to click and we destroyed them.

but at that time the bulls had more ball than us so it looked worse than it really was

52 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Well I've got to be honest, Hewer was definitely an home bird today most of match and I've never said that before. 

TBF I thought we were in touch for the second try.  Couldn't much wrong with the rest. Bradford were very poor.  Perhaps their minds are on the cup?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

The most worrying aspect of the day for me was the state of Percy the pit pony. Was he stoned or pi$$ed because he certainly was unsteady on his trotters. His arms were permanently fixed in the style of the 3 Scousers 'calm down' sketches from Harry Enfield days and he could hardly walk in a straight line. Most perturbing. 

14 minutes ago, Trojan said:

TBF I thought we were in touch for the second try.  Couldn't much wrong with the rest. Bradford were very poor.  Perhaps their minds are on the cup?

Our first was debatable from where I was stood, although TBF Hewer was possibly in a much better position to see any grounding of the ball than I was.

We won. We also played some very good rugby. Analyse and analyse but in the end we were the better team and seem to be improving week on seek. TT was mentioned as a player earlier in the week, was he excluded because he wasn't fully fit?

Another great result. Points difference is now phenomenal. At 10-4 I thought we looked vulnerable as Bradford pressed us hard. But once we went 2 scores up I think they threw in the towel somewhat and we punished them in clinical fashion. I still think we overplay the speed sets particularly early in the game, but we are starting games strong now and we seem to be finishing them in style. Interesting second half of the season awaits us. 

14 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Our first was debatable from where I was stood, although TBF Hewer was possibly in a much better position to see any grounding of the ball than I was.

he touched down but the momentum of the bulls tacklers forced him back into play if hewer had not been right on top of play the try would not have been given

On 23/05/2019 at 11:35, Blue Pike said:

This game must come as a God send to Chisholm to make his point of what they have discarded.Reckon he’ll score three and make three and hope the Bulls fans fill the new stand again to give us some needed revenue.

Apart from the Bulls fans I was spot on??

Archived