Disciplinary

steve75

1 hour ago, Bring back GB said:

Might be our saviour.........................give Cresta no choice but to change things at half back !!!!!!

Exactly what I was thinking, cresta now has to change things and that might see a run of games for Johnson and young carter recalled. Could be the turning point in our season!

19 minutes ago, Fishmonger said:

Both warranted automatic reds.  The consequence is that two Sheffield players are out for the rest of the season.

Jonos was never yellow let alone a red. We're missing players for the season through tackles it's part of a physical sport 

On 23/05/2019 at 16:13, Bring back GB said:

Might be our saviour.........................give Cresta no choice but to change things at half back !!!!!!

Exactly what I was thinking, cresta now has to change things and that might see a run of games for Johnson and young carter recalled. Could be the turning point in our season!

Carter is Injured and not playing for Haven tonight

Interesting article in League Express concerning Mark Aston' Ninja tackles by Charnock & Smith (never heard of Ninja tackles). Apparently Glover could be out for a year and Jones for the season. Aston none to pleased. The tackles happened in the 1st minute & 22nd minute. The disciplinery hearing will be tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, Michael Ashton said:

Interesting article in League Express concerning Mark Aston' Ninja tackles by Charnock & Smith (never heard of Ninja tackles). Apparently Glover could be out for a year and Jones for the season. Aston none to pleased. The tackles happened in the 1st minute & 22nd minute. The disciplinery hearing will be tomorrow.

Spoke to jono yesterday he said he's looking at 3-5 games and will appeal. I honestly thought there was nothing malicious in Jonos tackle

I agree. It was just a case of an unfortunate collision. Having reviewed it several times I can see nothing that Jono did that could be seen as malicious or not taking enough care. The injured player was also twisting and turning which affected the outcome.

16 minutes ago, red square said:

I agree. It was just a case of an unfortunate collision. Having reviewed it several times I can see nothing that Jono did that could be seen as malicious or not taking enough care. The injured player was also twisting and turning which affected the outcome.

didn't see the game but for what it's worth the rfl deemed smith 

Defender uses any part of his body forcefully to twist, bend or otherwise apply pressure to the limb or limbs of an opposing player in a way that involves an unacceptable risk of injury to that player. Grade – D

you got to understand they make it up as they go along bussey got banned when he was laid on his back with opponent on top of him charged with headbutt

52 minutes ago, bangbang said:

Jono - No ban

Charnock- 8 games

Thats a fair cop. 

If it had happened to a Barrow player in the same circumstances I would expect the same... 

Wonder if the bash hadnt been broadcast so you could see all of the awful angles as oppose to the one fixed cam at most games if it would have been 8 games? From one angle it looks more innocuous. - By no means vindicating it of defending it. 

Does the club stick or twist?

Dalimore Carter (currently injured - and on loan) and Johnstone.

Or go and get someone for the last 12 games? 

With Star Ameans injury that sounds to me another one out for 8 games too....

Anyway I wont detract from the title of the thread. - Fair decision on both fronts

On 27/05/2019 at 13:48, POR said:

you got to understand they make it up as they go along bussey got banned when he was laid on his back with opponent on top of him charged with headbutt

An intentional head butt is, just that,  an intentional head butt: period(.)...doesn't matter what position the rest of your body is in...Bussey deserved his punishment....there is no place for intentional headbutting in the game.

Archived