paying to sit down

tms

27 minutes ago, POR said:

fed up listening  to bulls fans moaning we charged them to sit in stands so people   if we did any body know why  and when was it  

We charged everyone who wanted to sit in the new stands for that game in 2016, not just the Bulls' fans. Those that paid did so through their own free choice.

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

We charged everyone who wanted to sit in the new stands for that game in 2016, not just the Bulls' fans. Those that paid did so through their own free choice.

Any idea why we chose to do that for a single game? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

30 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

To squeeze every pound out of the game we could?? Why not? Thats businesd

I'm sure you're right. Why not do it for other games since then? 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

26 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'd guess Robin's suggestion is pretty much spot on.

Hunslet used to have a varying entrance price depending on the opposition and it used to be fairly common in soccer.

I can see why we'd have done it. I can't understand why we haven't done it again since however, it's not like we've not had games where the opposition have brought a decent following and the stands have been reasonably full. Other games against Bradford, and those against Leigh are a couple that spring to mind. 

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

6 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

I can see why we'd have done it. I can't understand why we haven't done it again since however, it's not like we've not had games where the opposition have brought a decent following and the stands have been reasonably full. Other games against Bradford, and those against Leigh are a couple that spring to mind. 

i think it's because WE like to change ends 

One way of looking at it is that Fev are a bit out of step with other clubs or 'missing a trick' compared to those who charge extra for sitting down. Those clubs run out-of-date stadiums where standing is the norm and seating is at a premium.

However, lots of sports clubs, including Featherstone Rovers and all premier league soccer clubs have moved on from the 70s and 80s and accept that these days folk expect to sit down when they pay in to watch a sports event.

Rovers have the added advantage of still offering standing room for those who prefer it.

Post Office Road. The best of both worlds.

2 hours ago, saddleworth said:

More apt if they paid us to enter their land fill site.

Just watched last nights Sheffield v Toronto match as I missed it because of attending Pontefract races last night and having not gone to Sheffield away since they moved into their new home, I can’t believe how ###t their ground is.Am I being unfair, is it a quarter finished because if it isn’t is appalling.

19 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Just watched last nights Sheffield v Toronto match as I missed it because of attending Pontefract races last night and having not gone to Sheffield away since they moved into their new home, I can’t believe how ###t their ground is.Am I being unfair, is it a quarter finished because if it isn’t is appalling.

I put it on for 10 minutes and our lass said what the hell are u watching, she said its like watching a chequers match terrible ground and no atmosphere, cant believe its allowed at this level.

1 hour ago, gazza77 said:

One of the best things about POR is that you can sit or stand wherever you like. I, like many, spend one half standing at the POR end and the other half sitting in the railway end. I also enjoy mixing with opposition fans. 

Tiered ticketing and/or segregated seating would be absolutely the wrong way to go. 

37 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

It’s a community stadium, the pitch markings make it confusing, the facilities for the paying spectators are dire!!

Im Fev and im proud

21 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

One of the best things about POR is that you can sit or stand wherever you like. I, like many, spend one half standing at the POR end and the other half sitting in the railway end. I also enjoy mixing with opposition fans. 

Tiered ticketing and/or segregated seating would be absolutely the wrong way to go. 

Yes I totally agree.I stand or sit behind the sticks each half where Fev are playing towards but sometimes I sit in the family stand where the singing and banter is. Great having the choice.

3 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

One way of looking at it is that Fev are a bit out of step with other clubs or 'missing a trick' compared to those who charge extra for sitting down. Those clubs run out-of-date stadiums where standing is the norm and seating is at a premium.

However, lots of sports clubs, including Featherstone Rovers and all premier league soccer clubs have moved on from the 70s and 80s and accept that these days folk expect to sit down when they pay in to watch a sports event.

Rovers have the added advantage of still offering standing room for those who prefer it.

Post Office Road. The best of both worlds.

It's hard enough getting folk to attend POR without charging extra to sit down. 

Still think our Club aren’t using our facilities to our potential for e.g if there was a pop concert once a month or other things for the paying public to watch would raise significant income but unfortunately as for many years the Club has failed to deliver.Just up the road farmer Copleys has got a Circus making them loads of money as only one stream of income. I remember years ago before they became a thriving business I bought a sack of spuds from them that were kept in a leaking out building. We have a great stadium facility which remains redundant and un productive for most months of the year.

4 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Still think our Club aren’t using our facilities to our potential for e.g if there was a pop concert once a month or other things for the paying public to watch would raise significant income but unfortunately as for many years the Club has failed to deliver.Just up the road farmer Copleys has got a Circus making them loads of money as only one stream of income. I remember years ago before they became a thriving business I bought a sack of spuds from them that were kept in a leaking out building. We have a great stadium facility which remains redundant and un productive for most months of the year.

Very risky holding big outdoor events. Very reliant on the weather and you need big names for concerts to get people to go. They have tried things down the years, but tell me other Club's who have big events on their pitches on a regular basis. The best chance is to use the indoor facilities, but again the Club has had lots of events over the years, but struggled to get people through the door. 

16 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

There’s an American car do on Sunday 1st September at the stadium 

Im Fev and im proud

Archived