Morrissey the BBC and Merseyrail

morrisseys material was extremely strong in the early/mid 90s , unfortunately the NME decided they wanted to destroy him due to a silly spat between him and them, Morrissey been Morrissey was never gonna back down or try and smooth it over, the country was awash and in love  with brit pop and all it was producing, listening back now songs like "the boy racer" - "jack the ripper" - "my love life" and almost all of "Vauxhall and I" and "your arsenal" are far better than the bounceabout novelty that was brit pop , just go on youtube and watch "boxers" video. 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Quite a lot of Morrisseys lyrics were quite amusing and always far from dull , Johnny Marrs guitar playing was like a breath of fresh air , totally different from anyone that had gone before .A ground breaking band that almost single handidly saved British music from dying on it`s feet in the 80s .I always feel sorry for people who think the Smiths were dull or boring , they were far from that .

Archived