Drinks while watching/listening to the match: Updates

8 hours ago, corvusxiii said:

Had some Kenyan Guinness once. Or twice. Heading for some Greek wine now. 2.60€ 1.5ltr. Not unreasonable. Any failure to respond due to falling off balcony. Chuffed at MW attendance. Hoping London do it tomorrow.  

I don’t know why the RFL/SL don’t try for a Guinness sponsorship. Hop House has 13 on the top and the label. A perfect fit.

rldfsignature.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a wire fan at the match the stand ran out of alcohol, which tell you the way general Warrington fans behave,but as per usual they ruin the atmosphere for normal fans especially families with young kids who have put up with drunken foul mouthed and now smoke bomb carrying idiots.

16 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

6.5% just about right?? ....for falling over?

? I mean enough bite without being over-bearing like some of those 15% Belgian monstrosities!

3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Not the Lidl wine club? ?

Lidl used to do a Californian Zinfandel that was outrageous value for money. Then they stopped selling it, and now I don't go to Lidl nearly as often as I used to. ?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'll have to see whether I have any driving duties. If not, there's a bottle of Robinson's Pale Ale (4.5%) and Chimay Red / Brown Ale (7%  ) in the fridge. I've also just espied a bottle of Glenfairn Islay Single Malt Whisky, more of a quality standby for the evening in the event of an empty fridge.

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Lidl used to do a Californian Zinfandel that was outrageous value for money. Then they stopped selling it, and now I don't go to Lidl nearly as often as I used to. ?

Big fan of Lidl’s wine range. At the moment they have a superb VFM Priorat (Catalan wine!) for £6 or so. Carles. 

I've just started in on a bottle of Co-op own brand "Triple Hop" beer. Not bad, actually!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

For those who like the darker stuff, Black Sheep’s Riggwelter is a beaut and just about right at 6.5%.

Also LIDL do a lovely plum porter called Purple Panther which I think is from the ‘Hatherway’ (sp) breweries or something?

It’s a shame the Flying Saucer brand of bars from the US can’t open up a chain in the UK as they have a great system where you can order 6 beers in small rocks glasses on a tray so you can try each one without over-indulging.   They have about 100 beers I think and you get your name on a plaque on the wall when you’ve tried every beer they sell (obviously not all on one night).

Oh, it’s also like the law or something to try them all with Buffalo Wings and Blue Cheese sauce ?

Unless it's changed recently, Riggwelter is 5.7% in a bottle and 5.9% out of the hand pump.

5 hours ago, TheConductor said:

I have that in Weatherspoons and Sam Smiths OBB or Stout but in the house I lovel a inky deep black red wine like Dark Corner from The Times Wine Club.

Sam Smiths Extra Stout is a fantastic drink for a couple of quid. In fact when it is warmed up(always served too cold) it is worth very much more. Even Spouse likes it which is inconceivable. 

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

56 minutes ago, corvusxiii said:

Sam Smiths Extra Stout is a fantastic drink for a couple of quid. In fact when it is warmed up(always served too cold) it is worth very much more. Even Spouse likes it which is inconceivable. 

Sam Smiths dark beers are brilliant. I’m very fond of the stout. 

Presently enjoying a home made Old Fashioned. 

Best beer ever IMO is from a small brewery near Darlington (Old Village Brewery) called Raby Ale. Never seen it outside the area but all the better for that (my partners from Darlo so we’re up there a few times a year. Never understood why RL has no presence in the town BTW). 

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:39, Futtocks said:

I've just started in on a bottle of Co-op own brand "Triple Hop" beer. Not bad, actually!

It's not at all bad - and brewed in collaboration with Robinson's.

2 hours ago, Skids said:

Unless it's changed recently, Riggwelter is 5.7% in a bottle and 5.9% out of the hand pump.

Ah okay sorry.   It looks like 6.5% after a few bottles because the label is quite dark ?

46 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

The missus has been kind enough to make me a homemade Thai curry to eat on my knee while I watch the game:

88ED6C4F-22C0-46DC-BC6B-2514C625D238.jpeg

That would suit me. Be interesting to know your recommendation for a suitable drinks accompaniment.

3 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Hilarious thread.

Pseuds' Corner is alive and well.

Not a can of Fosters or a delivery pizza to be seen. ???

Nothing wrong with a good drink.

Nothing virtuous about insisting on the worst kind of fizzy piddle either.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Hilarious thread.

Pseuds' Corner is alive and well.

Not a can of Fosters or a delivery pizza to be seen. ???

I suspect it's early days...and potentially quite exciting, with images to be posted of newly-arrived pizzas, or half-time chippy runs. And, we've nowhere near exhausted the North American angle, not to mention France or PNG.

Archived