BARROW

Excolt 1

A reminder, if any were needed, of the huge task of rebuilding part way through the season, especially integrating new good players from the NCL into the Championship cauldron.  At least we kept the score down second half.  At times last week, Barrow looked a dangerous team and have some very good and experienced players. This season just became a lot longer ( & the faithful’s home journey) -hope we can hang in there and somehow sneak at least another win!

Looking at the next month’s league fixtures there is no respite with away days at Dewsbury, York & Sheffield before we host Swinton. The only consolation is that the clubs around us have potentially harder fixtures.  Hopefully, Matt can keep up the morale and get us playing better - preferably for 80mins. Can anyone shed light on these 40 minute performances?   Next week we travel to Batley for the 1895 cup -  shall we concentrate on it or the league?

2 hours ago, glemiln said:

Looking at the next month’s league fixtures there is no respite with away days at Dewsbury, York & Sheffield before we host Swinton. The only consolation is that the clubs around us have potentially harder fixtures.  Hopefully, Matt can keep up the morale and get us playing better - preferably for 80mins. Can anyone shed light on these 40 minute performances?   Next week we travel to Batley for the 1895 cup -  shall we concentrate on it or the league?

The worst first half display in 60 years of watching Hornets, unforced errors galore, time to concentrate on league 1 rugby, as our fate was sealed today, an absolute shambles of a display, devoid of any direction, effort or leadership.

I wasn't at the game today and thank god I wasn't, 54-10 loss to a relegation rival is not acceptable. We were looking strong over the last cupple of weeks but only in one half, the poor display in the second half against swinton and a poor game today shows we seem to be not fit enough and lack the quolity to stay in the league. 

On paper we have winnable games coming up but they are only as winnable as swinton and barrow maybe less so. It's hard to see wins.

What has happened to the social media, no Twitter coverage and no coach interviews?.

5 hours ago, RLNew said:

Boards fault 

??? Their fault for Moore? Am I missing something 

... also got to agree with The Lad. Social Media updates a sham at the moment. What's happening? No updates, no interviews. Terrible  

Really pivotal results these last two.

its just show the enormous task Matt has got mid way through a season, let’s be honest though the die was cast in preseason.

whilst we’re not dead and buried just yet it just shows how much of a turnaround we need.

Interesting to see Fozzy put a MOM performance in for Haven on Saturday.

Very tough to watch that yesterday 

Too many players are focused on seeing out the season and taking their money before they move on 

Your right Ormskirknet the damage was done in pre season and now others are trying to pick up the pieces - the assembly of this squad is beyond bad 

Then when we lose Oscar Thomas, Livett and Scott Moore in the lead up to the game it just goes from bad to worse 

Some of the players just don’t want it though I was watching near the corner flag and Abram put up a good kick to the corner and the attempt to get the ball from one of our wingers said it all for me

On a positive the local players did well, Gleesons go forward was good and Marriott played the full 80 must have done  35-40 tackles - I just hope they stick it out and don’t get disheartened 

44 minutes ago, Gavinr said:

Too many players are focused on seeing out the season and taking their money before they move on 

Your right Ormskirknet the damage was done in pre season and now others are trying to pick up the pieces - the assembly of this squad is beyond bad 

Then when we lose Oscar Thomas, Livett and Scott Moore in the lead up to the game it just goes from bad to worse 

Some of the players just don’t want it though I was watching near the corner flag and Abram put up a good kick to the corner and the attempt to get the ball from one of our wingers said it all for me

On a positive the local players did well, Gleesons go forward was good and Marriott played the full 80 must have done  35-40 tackles - I just hope they stick it out and don’t get disheartened 

If you're referring to Shaun Ainscough, I agree he played very poor. It was all the Mayfield lads that looked hungry for it. 

As for Moore not turning up, what is that all about? That's diabolical and he should be ashamed if that's the case. 

Everyone knew Calland had work to do when he took up the job. We cant expect miracles in a few weeks. Forster made and left behind the damage. 

We need to get behind the lads that are hungry enough to want to change it. Not sit slagging them off. 

17 hours ago, Excolt 1 said:

I thought Charnock and Jono Smith where suspended but both are playing. 

the way it works it's a bit iffy players pick up bans on the thursday  but not enforced to the week after  so they could play yesterday  bans will start  widnes away on the 9th june

31 minutes ago, POR said:

the way it works it's a bit iffy players pick up bans on the thursday  but not enforced to the week after  so they could play yesterday  bans will start  widnes away on the 9th june

True and both looking at 5-8 match bans I believe. 

1 hour ago, ormskirknet said:

Really pivotal results these last two.

its just show the enormous task Matt has got mid way through a season, let’s be honest though the die was cast in preseason.

whilst we’re not dead and buried just yet it just shows how much of a turnaround we need.

Interesting to see Fozzy put a MOM performance in for Haven on Saturday.

He's an OK player at that level.

41 minutes ago, RoryBel said:

True and both looking at 5-8 match bans I believe. 

charnock grade F so he will get at least an  8 game ban but if  rfl think it a really nasty one   can  ban him for a period of time  eg 3 months 6 months

smith grade D so looking at a ban of 3 -5 games depending on the rfl ruling

Didn’t we make barrow look bang average a few months ago? 

6/7 new players have come in and not improved the squad. Yesterday’s result proved that. 

Easiest option now is just to point fingers at people who aren’t at the club anymore. 

Yesturdays 17 had 6 players in that Forster brought in. Some inherited and rest that Matt has recently brought in so yes there will be teething problems but we’ve got backwards, simple as that. This weekend, will be good indication again, we went to batley and lost by 2 recently. Hopefully we better that result.

5 hours ago, Gavinr said:

I agree the Mayfield lads but in a great shift, it's hard to criticize Ainscough as he is clearly playing with an injury as for Scott Moore I heard his child was unwell?

The results come a second for me at the minute, some of the players brought in were clearly not good enough, it was obvious against Mayfield in pre-season.

I may be wrong but a few may have signed partly due to training being down the M62. I wonder if training being brought back to Rochdale has been a factor in some of the mercenaries recruited pre-season going missing?

I'm just glad to see local talent being given a chance at last, a clear path way to professional RL for young kids playing in the borough.

If it means short term going down to L1 but results in the long term us putting out a team that values the club a bit then ill take it.

Archived