Jambo Express.

Seaton Sandy

Very surprised that we've had no chest-beaters on here from the rampant outfit down the road.   It pains me to say it but at this point in time they look like running away with this league. Even harder to stomach when they're doing it with a couple of guys who got shown the door here at Town........

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't knock it they are doing really well,but have some tough away games left that may bring them back in closer to the pack ,still have Donny ,London ,hunslet and Newcastle away .If they get beat in all of those then its game on .However we need to concentrate on our own game ,think play offs is best we can hope for now .

16 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Very surprised that we've had no chest-beaters on here from the rampant outfit down the road.   It pains me to say it but at this point in time they look like running away with this league. Even harder to stomach when they're doing it with a couple of guys who got shown the door here at Town........

Long way to go yet Sandy. I’m sure there’ll be plenty of twists and turns to play out yet. 

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

We have a very good side pal played in very wet conditions last night haven for the 1st 40 couldn't hold the ball missed kicks to touch about 4 times very very poor but the second half scored 26 points and totally dominated the team In 2nd position I'd love to see what we could do with a full 80 mins playing well

1 hour ago, Brad hepis heed said:

Can't knock it they are doing really well,but have some tough away games left that may bring them back in closer to the pack ,still have Donny ,London ,hunslet and Newcastle away .If they get beat in all of those then its game on .However we need to concentrate on our own game ,think play offs is best we can hope for now .

Newcastle flatter to deceive yet again and got lamped at home by Hunslet. This league is nothing if not volatile and apart from the perrenial embarrassments that are South Wales most results would tax Mystic Meg.

The title is Havens to lose now if you ask me, Red hot favourites for this league.

They'll expect to win at least 2 of those 4 away games mentioned and nobody will beat them at home.

Biggest concern will be how they go about surviving in an ever improving championship whilst keeping a locally based squad on a sensible budget.

8 minutes ago, Town Army said:

The title is Havens to lose now if you ask me, Red hot favourites for this league.

They'll expect to win at least 2 of those 4 away games mentioned and nobody will beat them at home.

Biggest concern will be how they go about surviving in an ever improving championship whilst keeping a locally based squad on a sensible budget.

I agree with most of that but I think there is one team that will beat them at home..............

Oh no don't say Whitehaven is gonna win something,  that's my favourite line at work when the banter gets fierce ???

To be fair they are showing they are a good team this year, after all the outcry of Charlo as coach being a big backward step he is now the messiah.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

Oh no don't say Whitehaven is gonna win something,  that's my favourite line at work when the banter gets fierce ???

To be fair they are showing they are a good team this year, after all the outcry of Charlo as coach being a big backward step he is now the messiah.

No messiah,Charlton has his limitations as a coach,I think bringing in Johnty as his assistant,recruiting a more local based squad and a bit of luck on the injury front are bigger factors in Havens improvement this season.

I think the key to Whitehaven is 2 local coach's and team full of Cumbrian players, play with a bit of pride.good luck to them,but town starting to get more Cumbrian players in now and giving them a chance,the last game the team dug in to win, with thorman coaching them with is super League and nrl experience think town will start improving and move up the league ?

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

No messiah,Charlton has his limitations as a coach,I think bringing in Johnty as his assistant,recruiting a more local based squad and a bit of luck on the injury front are bigger factors in Havens improvement this season.

How can you say a bit of luck on the injury front? At least 8 injuries of four weeks plus, 3 picked  up in one game. 

38 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

doing very well but how will hey afford winning pay every week given their issues last year? Genuine question

Attendances are up quite a bit from last year marra we played on Saturday in the wind and rain on a bank holiday with people away and still got a gate of over 800 and was loads of regulars missing if London brought some support rather than about 3 fans then we would have been well over the 1k mark and if we go up attendance will be bigger with more traveling support weather winning or loosing a Cumbrian side is what haven wanted and are starting to realise its potential and backing it and it's the way forward  

7 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Attendances are up but with people going before 1 oclock on a sunday getting in for 6 pound cheaper surely that will eat into the profits?

Yea but the bar money is up massively so this may compensate if we are letting people In for 10 quid rather than 15  then they will spend more than 5 quid in a bar in a couple hours so surley the club is making more money from this 

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Attendances are up quite a bit from last year marra we played on Saturday in the wind and rain on a bank holiday with people away and still got a gate of over 800 and was loads of regulars missing if London brought some support rather than about 3 fans then we would have been well over the 1k mark and if we go up attendance will be bigger with more traveling support weather winning or loosing a Cumbrian side is what haven wanted and are starting to realise its potential and backing it and it's the way forward  

But a  cumbrian side alone will never survive in the championship. External players have to be brought in and it put locals noses out of joint. Then it's back to square one be it town or haven.

Would the same not apply to us .They key to a Cumbrian side surviving in the championship is what haven did in the mid 2000 ,local based squad ,with quality overseas living local .I think they only had the big center who's name escapes me, as a traveller when they got grand finals .

5 minutes ago, Brad hepis heed said:

Would the same not apply to us .They key to a Cumbrian side surviving in the championship is what haven did in the mid 2000 ,local based squad ,with quality overseas living local .I think they only had the big center who's name escapes me, as a traveller when they got grand finals .

Mick nanyn pal

2 hours ago, Marrafan said:

How can you say a bit of luck on the injury front? At least 8 injuries of four weeks plus, 3 picked  up in one game. 

So no serious long term injuries then,with Young Bulman being the worst.

35 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

So no serious long term injuries then,with Young Bulman being the worst.

Both Ethan Kelly and Matty While have been out longer and are still out. So your now saying we have been lucky with no serious long term  injuries? Nothing to do with the way we have played then? Have you watched any games this season?

18 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Both Ethan Kelly and Matty While have been out longer and are still out. So your now saying we have been lucky with no serious long term  injuries? Nothing to do with the way we have played then? Have you watched any games this season?

Never said Haven haven't played well,they obviously have or they wouldn't be top of the league,so wind your neck in,yes a couple,why is there a quota ?

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Yea but the bar money is up massively so this may compensate if we are letting people In for 10 quid rather than 15  then they will spend more than 5 quid in a bar in a couple hours so surley the club is making more money from this 

Bar money up, gate money down. 

Every pint has a mark up too mate and bar staff to pay so is it really worth it.? 

Each person in for £10 has to drink say 2 pints to cover the difference. But of each of those pints only £1.50 is profit. 

So in effect have to have 4 pints to breakeven and another 4 to make any decent profit. 

The benefit is though and i like that you're trying things is to change habits and get people in the ground earlier and putting kids games etc all adds to it. 

Just not sure the Maths add up. 

1 hour ago, Brad hepis heed said:

Would have to get extremely lucky to get the quality of Lester,Fats,Leroy,Obst,Tandy these days.

Archived