Dewsbury Today

wayne_r

Not sure how we managed to win that match today...………….a very important win as we all know.

Can't for life of me understand why Thomas has been put out on a season long loan to Rochdale - so we have no halfback options, also it seems to me that the DR lads are always picked over our own squad members regardless - so no place for Kenga or Shelford.

Sorry but Paisley isn't a centre - obviously he tries hard but shouldn't be in that position.

Can't imagine Dewsbury will play as badly next week as they did today - thought they missed Sykes and gave away too many penalties - and made some poor choices, which let us back into the game.

Wayne R are you really a Swinton supporter? 

The club is a small one and only Rochdale are as limited as we are at this level with only a few hundred regular fans. We haven’t got a ground of our own, we play outside the town and have done so for the best part of 30 yrs now and until this Chairman came along Swinton was clearly dying a slow and painful death.

In the current climate it is clearly an achievement just to be here at all let alone be 10th in the Championship and building nicely on and off the pitch. This  despite the well documented funding issues and difficult times for the sport generally.

Oscar Thomas clearly wasn’t up to it and his performances at Batley and the few occasions he has played have been very poor. He seemed almost scared to go to the line often flinging the ball into touch rather than take a tackle and defensively couldn’t tackle a hot meal which exposed his teammates badly. His body language seemed all wrong and never looked interested. The club have taken decisive action and moved him out which I for one applaud them for.

Liam Paisley was outstanding at centre yesterday and the Wigan lads bring quality and full time athleticism to a part time which massively benefits the club and team and you don’t need to be a coach or expert to see that.

Reading your comments across other clubs forum pages all you ever do is pour negativity on Swinton left, right and centre and do your own club down.

With so called supporters like you we certainly don’t need enemies.

i was thinking the same Rampant Lion , there is about half a dozen people that just want to find fault and in some cases only write negative comments ,i'm  all for people giving their opinions , but lets be constructive and realistic ,we have limited resources 

Yes Lion Heart 59 indeed.

I read our clubs website and all the media pages and the communication is excellent. Clearly the overwhelming majority are behind the board and understand the clubs current position and facts. Sadly as in all walks of life you get a small percentage of neg heads who often ruin things for others but I personally would give them no credence and it’s good the Chairman no longer engages with these people and lowers himself to them on Facebook. 

What this small minority fail to appreciate when mischief making online is that if this Chairman and the board members he’s brought in decide to stop doing what they are doing then best case scenario is we probably sink to our natural position for a club of our size deep into League One. Worst case is I feel we would likely be gone within months if not weeks as the income from the few hundred that do come through the gate I seriously doubt would sustain the squad we have or a club at our current level so these people are clearly failing to see the reality that we are actually punching way above our weight thanks to the efforts of those they continue to poke at online.

Short memories some of these people but they seriously need to think about the potential consequences of their actions if they claim to love our club.

So l have a follower on this and other sites - didn't realise my opinion was that interesting or even annoying - so yes I am a Swinton supporter, yes I am a season ticket holder and yes have supported Swinton since I was 10 and am 62 this year - so I think my opinion and analysis is objective and I am entitled to give an opinion about team selection as is everyone else...……….but what the heck I am flattered that my post has generated such interest from two people at least ?  ?? 

25 minutes ago, wayne_r said:

So l have a follower on this and other sites - didn't realise my opinion was that interesting or even annoying - so yes I am a Swinton supporter, yes I am a season ticket holder and yes have supported Swinton since I was 10 and am 62 this year - so I think my opinion and analysis is objective and I am entitled to give an opinion about team selection as is everyone else...……….but what the heck I am flattered that my post has generated such interest from two people at least ?  ?? 

Interesting no, annoying no, laughable yes.

Look for the positives in life as a half full glass tastes much sweeter than one that’s half empty ?

I think some of the comments are a little harsh on Wayne_r.

He just says it as he sees it.

Sometimes it's hard to stay positive about Swinton. We all love the club and appreciate the efforts of those who work to keep it going. 

But the ceaseless struggle can be dispiriting. We never seem to catch a break. 

We are in the same situation as many other clubs but our fight to survive is made doubly difficult by being away from our home town for decades.

I've posted on here a few times about the club being at a crossroads . To me it's still not clear where our future lies. 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you we are clearly fast approaching a major cross roads not just as a club but as a sport. If we can't align and find a new way forward I honestly fail to see a future and worryingly if this current board got forced away and we simply try to plough on as Swinton playing out of Sale or anywhere else with a small aging fan base I can't see how we would survive.

Any news on returning to m27 yet as we’ve been promised it for years, and I don’t always agree with peoples opinion on here I support their right to make them, I think a lot of the frustration is that there is no immediate prospect of returning to m27, I fear unless this happens soon the fan base will only get older still.

Any prospect of a new ground yet?. And although I may not agree with all the opinions on here I would support their right to say them, and until we get a new ground in m27 we will struggle to survive as a club.

Archived