Match coverage on BEIN tv

I watched the Cats v Wakey game on BEIN sports, mainly to watch the game, secondly to sharpen up my French.  Other than the actual match :-

* Pre game interviews with various Catalans players, coach etc,  * half time 10 min montage on the Barcelona game, * further coverage, interviews etc post game * followed by a 15/20 min interview on the game overall/TO Roosters training etc with Trent Robinson and Cooper Cronk.  

There were adverts but the RL presentations were terrific.  I really don’t know the intricacies of BEINs contract nor do I know of the same for the Sky deal, but that kind of package knocks spots off the Sky offering and the, shall I say, lower quality RL shows we have.

35 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I watched the Cats v Wakey game on BEIN sports, mainly to watch the game, secondly to sharpen up my French.  Other than the actual match :-

* Pre game interviews with various Catalans players, coach etc,  * half time 10 min montage on the Barcelona game, * further coverage, interviews etc post game * followed by a 15/20 min interview on the game overall/TO Roosters training etc with Trent Robinson and Cooper Cronk.  

There were adverts but the RL presentations were terrific.  I really don’t know the intricacies of BEINs contract nor do I know of the same for the Sky deal, but that kind of package knocks spots off the Sky offering and the, shall I say, lower quality RL shows we have.

Good to know they could be a bargaining chip if nothing else.

I wonder if there'd be an exodus if RL went to BEIN or would it just be me?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

38 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Good to know they could be a bargaining chip if nothing else.

I wonder if there'd be an exodus if RL went to BEIN or would it just be me?

Don’t know.  I know they use Sky cameras but not the commentary, which is French. The segments before and at half time must have been organised through Catalans and the post match stuff (after the Match wash up) with Robinson and Cronk will have have had TO permissions.

Not sure how it would work with individual clubs but SL on their own could organise such a TV presentation.  Cats/TO must have been able to afford it.

Toulouse being in Super League is a must to try and get a decent French TV deal. Even a modest £4 million a year TV deal would cover the salary cap for both teams. Toulouse being a major French city would see much more coverage for the game in France. As good as the Catalans story has been Perpignan is a bit of a backwater and Id imagine that whilst the Catalan identity is good to sell the game in the immediate region it does no favours when it comes to a more national appeal. It also limits the potential audience when appealing to TV companies.

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

Do we have any idea how many people have access to this coverage?

French commentators are usually pretty biased but it’s the quality of coverage on offer.  Normally I switch on and then switch off when the games done, but I started watching early this time and also afterwards for the Robinson thing.

The link will give you an idea of coverage.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeIN_Sports

Forgot to add.  SLE agreed a deal with BEIN 2018.

Bein is far more popular/available in europe than Sky.Getting regular coverage on Bein would be enormous,although most outlets would merely continue to show whatever football was available,even if it was a schools under 15 event.

1 minute ago, cookey said:

Bein is far more popular/available in europe than Sky.Getting regular coverage on Bein would be enormous,although most outlets would merely continue to show whatever football was available,even if it was a schools under 15 event.

It was the quality mate.  SL here just gets what their given, when in this instance it’s quite obvious Catalans have had plenty of input and TO too.

19 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

It was the quality mate.  SL here just gets what their given, when in this instance it’s quite obvious Catalans have had plenty of input and TO too.

Delighted to hear it,SL here should impose minimum conditions on the quality of the Sky production.Sky just dont seem to think outside of the box.They ask the same coaches the same questions,then show the game.Why dont they occassionally interview the owners or chairman,why not take a behind the scenes look at the new Headingley facilities,something/anything a little different.Eurosports coverage of curling is more innovotive than Sky's coverage of league!

Archived