Beverley Nicholas RIP

distantdog

I thought it appropriate to add a thread on the sad death of Beverley yesterday, and a place we could add our condolences to Kevin and family, rather than add them onto the end of our match comment threads.

I would unashamedly use Phildog's words by expressing my sadness at Beverley's death. She was a tireless worker and popular member of our club that is a family to many of us. A truly sad loss.

Condolences to Kevin and his family, and all at the club who will have been greatly affected by this.

I think we'd all acknowledge the huge part Beverley played in the success of Batley RLFC on and off the field over the many years. The effort she put in to the pink weekend phenomenon is a stand out achievement that the RFL should shine a light on. She will be sadly missed and my deepest condolences to Kevin, his daughter and wider family. RIP Beverley.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Learnt of the sad news whilst away and kev will need time to heal and adjust. Bevs daughter cant be much older than 25 poor thing and although cancer is indiscriminate and treatable over time things can deteriorate very quickly.

Thoughts and prayers to Nicholas family r.i.p bev

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I'd like to add mine and my families sincere condolences to Kevin, Alexandra and their family . Bev was the strength and support to Kevin from that tremendous night at Parochial hall when Kevin started the process to get where the Club is today. She worked, suggested, cajoled, and unashamedly pushed in Support of our brilliant Club. She will be greatly missed by the Bulldog Family. 

RIP Bev. Out of pain. The legacy you leave will be enormous.xxxx

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

So sad to hear the news yesterday, my heart goes out to the whole family and friends at this sad time.  thoughts of comfort and condolences kev fella,   r i p bev.

Rugby league becomes secondary when a candle is extinguished like Bev's has,it doesn't matter if your Batley or Dewsbury it brings pain to us all,behind the banter and Micky taking sad news brings all of us together. Condolences to Kevin & family at this heartbreaking time .

Condolences to all concerned at a very sad time.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 27/05/2019 at 17:06, Blind side johnny said:

Condolences to all concerned at a very sad time.

+1

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Beverleys funeral service Monday 10th june at st. Mary's of the angels r.c batley.

Fr. Eamon announced tonight at mass.

Seen Kevin a few times at church. It's not the official pink weekend tomor but are spectators encouraged to wear pink for 1895 game?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Out of respect I would have thought it is up to each individual to make their minds up, but it seems a good idea.

Very poignant minutes silence and applause on 2.58pm yesterday. The courage and hurt was clear to see from Beverleys family and board of directors/ colleagues/ friends in pink.

How mr. Miller managed to hold it together on the field with the affected arm in arm was admirable. You could hear the emotion in his voice.

A shame the crowd was sparse but another confidence building victory. Onto kears bulls in the league

Archived