Elite1/2 Update

4 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Carpentras is a nightmare. 

They got players suspended all year long, one even had a 20 games ban. 

They're violent and pretty much proud of it. 

Years ago in the u16 final they were losing to Lezignan and decided to hit the players, even kicking those on the ground. One of their player stated he was proud of having "fuc*ed" Lezignan

Earlier this year, they started a fight at Villeneuve Minervois and their fans stormed the pitch. 

It's club culture. 

That sounds like something from an amateur club rather than a supposed professional one.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, audois said:

VARL put out this statement on Jun e 11th.

A video of the incident was on L'independant website, so it would have been pretty difficult to deny. I believe the person who made the remarks also phoned up the Carpentras player to apologise, as did one of the VARL players present at the awards.

Seems to me, looking at the pictures in the newspaper, that it would be impossible for a spectator to have physically done anything - the barriers round the ground prevent that. And if there were comments made by a spectator that sparked things off, the touch judge and plenty of other people would also have heard them. A lot of people seem to think it was a premeditated action by Carpentras.

3 minutes ago, JonM said:

A video of the incident was on L'independant website, so it would have been pretty difficult to deny. I believe the person who made the remarks also phoned up the Carpentras player to apologise, as did one of the VARL players present at the awards.

Seems to me, looking at the pictures in the newspaper, that it would be impossible for a spectator to have physically done anything - the barriers round the ground prevent that. And if there were comments made by a spectator that sparked things off, the touch judge and plenty of other people would also have heard them. A lot of people seem to think it was a premeditated action by Carpentras.

Defo seems so.

They stated before the game they would walk away if any insult was heard. They were fine when winning. They start losing and all of a sudden there are "racists slurs" and they didn't want to resume playing minutes after the fight. 

They're trying to get VARL disqualified to get to the final. 

18 hours ago, langpark said:

image.thumb.png.986d7dfb2b055fccafbdcf5d0644bf5d.png

Does this mean Illes XIII are promoted to Elite 2 for next season?

Probably not as they are the baho reserves who are xiii catalans /st esteve reserves, who are the catalans dragons reserves 

Down the ladder titles go to Catalan teams. As well as Ille-sur-Tet N1winners add N2 winners Salses 24-20 La Reole-Begles too. Baho wil challenge Villegailhenc for the Elite 2 title while St Esteve play the Elite 1 semi finals. Concentric circles eminate out from Stade Gilbert Brutus deepening the codes foot print in the region.Could Toulouse Olympique do the same - in time.

salses-2019.jpg.0d0e688c5acc3ac36189390d4efa64c8.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Does anyone know what sort of attendances they get in Elite 1? I have searched online but can only find them from the cup final and grand finals, on Wikipedia - they seem to generally be between 5 - 8,000 but I assume league gates are a lot less? Thanks

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Does anyone know what sort of attendances they get in Elite 1? I have searched online but can only find them from the cup final and grand finals, on Wikipedia - they seem to generally be between 5 - 8,000 but I assume league gates are a lot less? Thanks

Between 200 to 1500 for big games, 

Carcassonne around 300 to 500

Lézignan-Corbières 400 to 1500 

Limoux 800 to 1500

Catalans 400 to 800

Palau 300

Toulouse 250

Albi 300 to 800 

Villeneuve 500 

St gaudens 400

Avignon 300 

These are figures when I've been at the grounds when they're playing lezignan (as our 19s play curtain raisers,) or games I've attended 

33 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Limoux 800 to 1500

Catalans 400 to 800

Palau 300

Toulouse 250

Albi 300 to 800 

Villeneuve 500 

St gaudens 400

Avignon 300 

These are figures when I've been at the grounds when they're playing lezignan (as our 19s play curtain raisers,) or games I've attended 

Thanks Barnyia, not much different to League One then. 

22 hours ago, Eddie said:

Thanks Barnyia, not much different to League One then. 

That just goes to show what a crazy waste of time it is for French teams have to leave French Elite One for UK Championship One in order to attempt to get a spot in Super League.  A European structure that helps the French Elite improve standards and is recognized as a pathway to Super league along side Championship one clubs is needed in my opinion.

On 19/06/2019 at 00:42, barnyia said:

Limoux 800 to 1500

Catalans 400 to 800

Palau 300

Toulouse 250

Albi 300 to 800 

Villeneuve 500 

St gaudens 400

Avignon 300 

disappointing the FFR13 President has no plan to reintroduce some big city clubs. The current set up just sees the dog biting its own tail.

They give sine die when they make the decision the week after, one of the players has had his players license taken away, but he was banned against villeneuve minervois a few months ago for a lot of games and he left threats on the fédération answer machine,  that's why he's had his license removed, the others from the villeghailhanc game have received 2 to 4 games 

Not ideal for Villegailhenc to organise stuff with only 3 days until the final. I guess the same thing in Elite 1 last year.

I hope Carpentras will sort themselves out rather than simply quitting the sport as has sometimes happened in the past.

Not a great look when you have members of the disciplinary commission posting comments on facebook and players' wives arguing. 

On 18/06/2019 at 16:42, barnyia said:

Limoux 800 to 1500

Catalans 400 to 800

Palau 300

Toulouse 250

Albi 300 to 800 

Villeneuve 500 

St gaudens 400

Avignon 300 

Thanks for sharing. Just wondering why Avignon don't get more? Given it's got a decent size population and their crowds for internationals I would have expected them to be one of the highest. 

Rugby league in France has maximum 20000 fans that go to games, when the French team play nz or Australia the fans travel from all over the south of France, Avignon sell the event very well but when you go to an international, a  final,catalans game or Toulouse you see alot of the same faces. 

Championship Final at Albi next Saturday a repeat of the Lord Derby Cup Final after the Baby Dracs turned over Lezignan for the first time this year with something to spare.

Carcassonne 20-16 Limoux (after extra-time)

St Esteve 38-18 Lezignan

At Domec Limoux pushed the Canaris all the way as they have all season. Kiwi full back Tony Tumusa made the difference it seemed scoring the equalising try at the end of nomal time and then the gave the decisive pass to Nabil Djlout to give the hosts the victory.

6pm KO at Albi to be televised by Occitanie

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Elite 2 final 13-12 to Baho at half time.  Bit of a fracas developed as players left the field.  Villegailhenc-Aragon have the Andersons (Vinnie and Louie) and Patrick Ah Van in their line-up

6 hours ago, audois said:

Championship Final at Albi next Saturday a repeat of the Lord Derby Cup Final after the Baby Dracs turned over Lezignan for the first time this year with something to spare.

Carcassonne 20-16 Limoux (after extra-time)

St Esteve 38-18 Lezignan

At Domec Limoux pushed the Canaris all the way as they have all season. Kiwi full back Tony Tumus made the difference it seemed scoring the equalising try at the end of nomal time and then the gave the decisive pass to Nabil Djlout to give the hosts the victory.

6pm KO at Albi to be televised by Occitanie

And the juniors final lezignan u19 v Avignon u19at 15h30 english time on the same channel 

Archived