The razzmatazz around the GB tour is overwhelming

Pretty much can't move an inch without being overwhelmed by all the GB news, merch, annuncements rolling in left right and centre. Thought everyone had waited years for this return? England RL social media is just posting away as if the GB tour doesn't exist. England elite squad announcements, World Cup 2021 stuff etc. Guess no Sport England funding can be spent on GB stuff (who would have thought?)

It's as if the game is embarrassed it is actually happening. 

45 minutes ago, Scubby said:

England RL social media is just posting away as if the GB tour doesn't exist.

What's it got to do with England RL? Is there anything about GB on the Scottish RL, Wales RL or the Irish RL websites?

rldfsignature.jpg

12 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

What's it got to do with England RL? Is there anything about GB on the Scottish RL, Wales RL or the Irish RL websites?

Well it's led by the RFL and is basically England with a different name. If the RFL aren't going to publicise this then certainly no one else is.

19 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I think you have hit the nail on the head right there ? I bet the other nations involved aren't even giving it a thought either.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Pretty much can't move an inch without being overwhelmed by all the GB news, merch, annuncements rolling in left right and centre. Thought everyone had waited years for this return? England RL social media is just posting away as if the GB tour doesn't exist. England elite squad announcements, World Cup 2021 stuff etc. Guess no Sport England funding can be spent on GB stuff (who would have thought?)

On top of which the Aussies are not really interested either.

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I can't help thinking with how little is actually being said about this tour, with how little publicity its getting in the media, we could literally cancel it tomorrow and hardly anyone would even know. 

I sadly think you're right.

Do you not think they have held back because of all the other things going on the past month or so? Concentration has been on the ground breaking game in the Nou Camp and the Magic Weekend surely. I always thought advertising was best focused on the next thing to a point, so hopefully as the season progresses the build up to the GB tour will heighten.

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

Mate, we get it, you're dead against a GB Lions tour and have a hard-on for all things England RL. I don't know how many times I've seen you slate the GB tour and I've only discovered these forums a few weeks ago. 

Considering the state of promotion and advertising in RL in general, you could apply the same criticisms across the board. You may be highly aware of England RL announcements, I wonder if it has anything to do with you following them on social media? Here where I live outside the heartlands, England RL or superleague gets as much coverage as the GB Lions tour, nothing.

If you're that against it just leave it be and let those of us looking forward to it do just that. 

38 minutes ago, dkw said:

Do you not think they have held back because of all the other things going on the past month or so? Concentration has been on the ground breaking game in the Nou Camp and the Magic Weekend surely. I always thought advertising was best focused on the next thing to a point, so hopefully as the season progresses the build up to the GB tour will heighten.

RFL has nothing to do with nou camp game, and I thought Magic was all SL now?

57 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

RFL has nothing to do with nou camp game, and I thought Magic was all SL now?

So they have nothing to do with each other and wouldnt co-ordinate these kind of things at all? Surely they will have some contact with each other.

6 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

It's mainstream news here in Ireland. Expect a boom in RL participation over here any minute now... Gosh what an embarrassment for us Irish to be involved in this.

Archived