Fri 31st May : Betfred Championship : Widnes Vikings v Sheffield Eagles KO 7:45pm

Who will win?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • Sheffield Eagles

Discuss the Betfred Championship match between Widnes Vikings and Sheffield Eagles here.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

• ckn pinned this topic

Widnes 6-0 up after 4 mins. Short kick-off from the Eagles resulted in Widnes ending their set right by the posts. Eagles struggled to make any ground in their set and didn't get their kick away, so Widnes got possession about 25m out and scored a fairly simple try.

Jayden Hatton in at the corner to get his first try for Widnes.

Sheffield have defended their line very well, but have only completed 1 set so far, abysmal with ball in hand.

10-0 after 15 minutes.

10 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Makes little York’s result last week pretty impressive 

I think it's more that Eagles have been truly terrible, 10+ knock-ons tells its own story. This is basically the same Widnes team that lost to Dewsbury at home and at Batley. I expected York to win, expected Sheffield to win too.

36-0 with a bit over quarter an hour to go. 

Attendance given as 4920. 36-6 FT score.

Got to feel sorry for any Eagles fans here. Their team has defended very well, but their handling has been abysmal. Very difficult to compete when you knock-on 15+ times in a game.

7 hours ago, dixiedean said:

4920 is a very very decent turnout. Considering recent poor form, and the lack of sexy opposition.

Well done to all concerned.

This was a game postponed from when Widnes went into Administration, and advance tickets sold by the old company were valid for tonight. I think there were fewer than that in the ground - 4920 is the total number of tickets that were sold for the game.

On 01/06/2019 at 07:48, JonM said:

This was a game postponed from when Widnes went into Administration, and advance tickets sold by the old company were valid for tonight. I think there were fewer than that in the ground - 4920 is the total number of tickets that were sold for the game.

Yeah, I estimated around 2,800 inside the ground....

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

Archived