Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

Fri 31st May : Betfred Championship : Widnes Vikings v Sheffield Eagles KO 7:45pm

Who will win?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • Sheffield Eagles

Discuss the Betfred Championship match between Widnes Vikings and Sheffield Eagles here.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

The smoke signals are suggesting the Vikings are in phase 2 of financial troubles, which may explain some erratic scores recently, this result will depend on how much the ref allows Sheffield to slow the ruck

Widnes 6-0 up after 4 mins. Short kick-off from the Eagles resulted in Widnes ending their set right by the posts. Eagles struggled to make any ground in their set and didn't get their kick away, so Widnes got possession about 25m out and scored a fairly simple try.

Jayden Hatton in at the corner to get his first try for Widnes.

Sheffield have defended their line very well, but have only completed 1 set so far, abysmal with ball in hand.

10-0 after 15 minutes.

Try for Jack Owens, which he converts to make it 16-0 after 20 minutes. Sheffield simply not in the game at all.

26-0 at Half-time. Eagles have been truly woeful against a team most of whom were playing at Academy level a couple of years ago. 

Makes little York’s result last week pretty impressive 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

10 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Makes little York’s result last week pretty impressive 

I think it's more that Eagles have been truly terrible, 10+ knock-ons tells its own story. This is basically the same Widnes team that lost to Dewsbury at home and at Batley. I expected York to win, expected Sheffield to win too.

36-0 with a bit over quarter an hour to go. 

First time I've seen a penalty given for over-running the shot clock.

Attendance given as 4920. 36-6 FT score.

Got to feel sorry for any Eagles fans here. Their team has defended very well, but their handling has been abysmal. Very difficult to compete when you knock-on 15+ times in a game.

2 hours ago, JonM said:

First time I've seen a penalty given for over-running the shot clock.

Incredible....thought that would never happen ! (Seriously)

• Like 1

4920 is a very very decent turnout. Considering recent poor form, and the lack of sexy opposition.

Well done to all concerned.

7 hours ago, dixiedean said:

4920 is a very very decent turnout. Considering recent poor form, and the lack of sexy opposition.

Well done to all concerned.

This was a game postponed from when Widnes went into Administration, and advance tickets sold by the old company were valid for tonight. I think there were fewer than that in the ground - 4920 is the total number of tickets that were sold for the game.

On 01/06/2019 at 07:48, JonM said:

This was a game postponed from when Widnes went into Administration, and advance tickets sold by the old company were valid for tonight. I think there were fewer than that in the ground - 4920 is the total number of tickets that were sold for the game.

Yeah, I estimated around 2,800 inside the ground....

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.