junior season tickets

tms

at the moment the club offers junior season tickets up to the age of sixteen  I think it should be increased to eighteen WHY? well I've been told by some younger members of my tribe  everyone has to stay on at school till the're  eighteen  don't think we should be charging schoolkids top dollar to watch the're favorite team 

2 hours ago, POR said:

at the moment the club offers junior season tickets up to the age of sixteen  I think it should be increased to eighteen WHY? well I've been told by some younger members of my tribe  everyone has to stay on at school till the're  eighteen  don't think we should be charging schoolkids top dollar to watch the're favorite team 

It's that muddled, grey area though. At 16 you can be married, have a house, have a job and yet not be able to vote or purchase alcohol and cigarettes.

I don't know what the answer is, but for me 16 seems a good cut off point as being classed as a child. 

What about at the other end of the age scale? Should the concessions starting age be pushed back from 60 to say 66 to reflect the state retirement age? Why should someone aged 61 who is still working pay less than someone who is 59 and working?

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

It's that muddled, grey area though. At 16 you can be married, have a house, have a job and yet not be able to vote or purchase alcohol and cigarettes.

I don't know what the answer is, but for me 16 seems a good cut off point as being classed as a child. 

What about at the other end of the age scale? Should the concessions starting age be pushed back from 60 to say 66 to reflect the state retirement age? Why should someone aged 61 who is still working pay less than someone who is 59 and working?

Not many clubs have seniors at 60 like Rovers, most are 65 so a huge well done to the club especially when the club needs all the money it can get. 

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

I think there is a big argument for:

a) Having a young adult ticket for 16-21 (you can argue about the end date) which is more that a junior season ticket but less than a full adult

b) To increase the age for a concession / OAP ticket to be in line wit retirement age (currently 65). I believe that we made it 60 so that the concession was in line for men and women with the old retirement age for women. Though I suspect that we would have to increase it 1 year per season so that people getting concession tickets now still do so in the future seasons.

For information (not that it affects the discussion thrust) you can't have a mortgage or own land (house) in the UK before the age of 18 (minimum age).

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

The Minimum Wage Rates should be factored in as well only at 21 do you get an 'adult' rate and at 25 you get the National Living Wage, beneath that is three lower rates for apprentices, up to 17 year olds and then the 18 - 20 year bracket.

22 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

I think there is a big argument for:

a) Having a young adult ticket for 16-21 (you can argue about the end date) which is more that a junior season ticket but less than a full adult

b) To increase the age for a concession / OAP ticket to be in line wit retirement age (currently 65). I believe that we made it 60 so that the concession was in line for men and women with the old retirement age for women. Though I suspect that we would have to increase it 1 year per season so that people getting concession tickets now still do so in the future seasons.

For information (not that it affects the discussion thrust) you can't have a mortgage or own land (house) in the UK before the age of 18 (minimum age).

I concur with your points a) and b).

In relation to your last point maybe I should have stated it being a council or rented property, as was my personal experience of when I was 17 and having a family.

One has to keep in mind that older people have contributed a lot to the Rovers over the years. I would be against an increase for senior citizens. With regards to children I would make the concession available up to 16 unless the junior can show that his father/mother are already season ticket holders then I would raise it to 18.  Even better would be an overall ticket for a family that would encourage more people to attend.

13 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

One has to keep in mind that older people have contributed a lot to the Rovers over the years. I would be against an increase for senior citizens. With regards to children I would make the concession available up to 16 unless the junior can show that his father/mother are already season ticket holders then I would raise it to 18.  Even better would be an overall ticket for a family that would encourage more people to attend.

so does that mean juniors 16/17 yrs still at school ,away supporters, would have to pay full price.

How about charging based on what you bring, and keep age out of it? 

Ground entry £15

Entry + flask £18

Entry + flask + sandwich £20

Entry + picnic hamper & rug £25

???????

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Wouldn’t do it at Fev but managed to get past Security at the races last Friday with my cans of beer like many others and had a nice cheap drink all night while my friends and family were paying I think roughly a fiver a pint and more for ladies drinks. It would have added another £50 on my night having lost a fair bit on bets.I think in the Aussie Nrl they have barbecues around the ground and possibly bring in their own drinks which accordingly brings in more people.

28 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Where does a bag of Cheesy Wotsits fit on this fiscal scale...?

Up to you what you put in your flask. ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Archived