Doncaster — 1895 Cup

Dave Naylor

Attention now switches to 1895 Cup

IN-FORM Oldham will be seeking their fifth win in a row when attention switches to the new 1895 Cup in the coming weekend.

Read full article

Langtree, Bridge in fitness scare

DANNY Langtree and Danny Bridge, Oldham’s star second-row men, are both doubtful for Sunday’s big 1895 Cup clash with Doncaster at the Vestacare Stadium, 3pm kick-off.

Read full article

My feeling is that we have no chance of beating any of the top championship sides, Widnes proved that, so the best thing is to bow out now and concentrate on the league. How many times have we seen in the past when we were doing well then played against a top side and got thrashed. Morale dropped and we just limped to the end of the season losing games we should have won.

Getting injuries in a meaningless competition will also damage any promotion hopes.

Let Doncaster win and then paste them in the coming league games.

I agree for the most part, this 1895 cup is a distraction we can do without. I wish this week's fixture was a league game backing up from last Saturday's excellent performance.

I want us to win every game we play,but tbh this week on/week off league,1895 cup format is terrible for getting a consistent run going and also dampens enthusiasm.

We can only play in this godforsaken cup and hope we get a win and maybe a bit of a payday next round. We are thin on the ground for players at the moment too, any more injuries on Sunday and we are at crisis point. As I said on the DR thread, play Leigh lads this week on DR and keep ours out if they ain't 100% for next week's league game. Use DR to our advantage for once in the tin pot cup. ?

Looking forward to supporting the lads who play in the game, anyway. I'm still buzzing from the wins against Coventry and especially, Keighley and hope to see the spirit and commitment from those matches continuing week after week, whatever the competition. It's good for morale! 

I have no idea why our 2 clubs have agreed to a Dual Reg deal at the moment, this from our coach in yesterdays Leigh Journal ! 

“We might need to bring someone in because we are depleted with our numbers,” said Duffy. “We always have been but we’re a bit worse for wear at the moment.”  ?

9 minutes ago, clogdance said:

I have no idea why our 2 clubs have agreed to a Dual Reg deal at the moment, this from our coach in yesterdays Leigh Journal ! 

“We might need to bring someone in because we are depleted with our numbers,” said Duffy. “We always have been but we’re a bit worse for wear at the moment.”  ?

Oh blimey,  seems like a very strange decision to DR from both clubs on that evidence Clogdance, both of us struggling for bodies at the moment to make a 19 and short on squad numbers overall. If that's the case it's crazy that the clubs agreed to it, just breeds frustration (from our point of view) that we get no one in and adds to the hatred of DR, and from your point you can't afford to send us anybody even if you wanted to. Madness. 

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season, always enjoy our trips to the LSV.

On 29/05/2019 at 23:08, roughyed34 said:

tbh this week on/week off league,1895 cup format is terrible for getting a consistent run going and also dampens enthusiasm.

Agree with this, this season seems so disjointed.

Should have had the system used a few seasons ago with the League 1 Cup at the start of the season with the final at the Summer Bash. 

Going out of the 1895 cup is a blessing considering some rounds are scheduled for mid week.

Weakened Roughyeds slip out of 1895 Cup

OLDHAM’S all-action full-back Ritchie Hawkyard has promised that Roughyeds will go all out to avenge this AB Sundecks 1895 Cup defeat by Doncaster when the teams meet again in the League at the Keepmoat Stadium next Sunday evening, June 9 (5.30pm kick-off).

Read full article

'We didn't reach our usual levels -- Naylor

SCOTT Naylor felt his injury-weakened side failed to reach the squad's usual levels of performance in a 24-12 defeat by Doncaster in the new AB Sundecks 1895 Cup.

Read full article

Stats-

Hawkyard-3 tackles. one miss. 3 offloads. 4 tackle busts. 24 carries=164m

Aaronson-2 tackles. 2 offloads. 3 tackle busts. 12 carries=99m

Bowman-21 tackles. 5 misses. one offload. 3 tackle busts. 11 carries=104m

Holmes-30 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. one tackle bust. 2 clean breaks. 12 carries=71m

Maders-7 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 17 carries=130m

Crook-13 tackles.4 misses. one offload. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 6 carries=28m

Brook-16 tackles. 2 misses. 3 offloads. 6 tackle busts. one clean break. one try assist. 11 carries=37m

Joy-31 tackles. 2 offloads. 2 tackle busts. 16 carries=106m

Owen-20 tackles. one offload. one tackle bust. 7 carries=21m

Law-25 tackles. one miss. one offload. 10 carries=46m

Calland-34 tackles. one miss. one offload. 8 carries=24m

Bent-48 tackles. 10 carries=60m

Gwaze-43 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. 4 tackle busts. 20 carries=114m

subs

Davies-20 tackles. one miss. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 13 carries=90m

Wilkinson-21 tackles. 8 carries=49m

Spencer-22 tackles. 4 misses. one offload. one try assist. 15 carries=93m

Greenwood-12 tackles. one miss. 1 carry=6m

Archived