Next season.

spanishknight

22 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Latest rumours are Championship is going to be increased to 16 teams, one team being relegated to league one this season and two being promoted from league one and Ottawa  going straight into the Championship, thoughts everyone?.

We'll be in Super League next year anyway.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

I thought Ottawa were going down more of the homegrown player route so seems a bit ambitious to shove them straight in the Championship. Then again I haven't read anything about it in a couple of weeks. 

Lets just hope Toronto do actually go up this year because 2 trips to Canada would be a killer. 

13 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Fev swapping places with Leeds. That would be good un. Wonder what new rules would come into force there????

Any team who's name begins in L can not be relegated in a year than ends in an odd number? 

Thinking about this more, potentially it could work if they also expanded the Super League by at least a couple of teams, no relegation this year from Super League and promote Toronto & Toulouse next season, that would leave 4 places to fill for Championship. Ottawa, Whitehaven, Skolars and Oldham as it currently stands on the league table. I would then open places 4th & 5th in League 1 along with 13th & 14th in Championship in a playoffs for 2 spots in the Championship. The likelihood is when the new Super League TV deal comes up they will negotiate their own terms which means funding wont be great in Championship and unless League 1 becomes a league with reserve teams from Super League or bringing in more Semi-pro teams I cant see League 1 lasting for that long.

Archived