Hudgell slams RFL judiciary panel

41 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'm also wondering how Matt Parcell could be up twice for 'deliberate or reckless contact with a match official' during one game but only get 1 match for each?

I think Scott Taylor got a similar punishment.  2 offences, 1 match for each.

2 hours ago, The Vet said:

Support a Championship/League 1 team, that’s a real eye opener on some of the disciplinary decisions!

The RFL have repealed the death penalty for Barrow players that are brought to them 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

9 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Made me laugh that the game Tomkin's will miss is against Warrington. No conflict of interest from the ex-Warrington player and coach Paul Cullen. He should have recused himself.

They use ex-players all the time. They often judge on cases involving their ex clubs.

The system would break down if we had to find people with no history.

If the RFL don't come down hard on Hudgell for questioning the integrity of the disciplinary then we may as well give up.

That kind of paranoid nonsense is for us fans!

9 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That kind of paranoid nonsense is for us fans!

Yeah, we need a fans' union or a injuction against people who steal our intellectual property!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

It is interesting how his chum Carter supported him on Twitter, but both were at pains to explain the system was fine (because they were both involved) but it was the people involved.

Classless guff from both of them.

I think this is a really serious allegation from him that has to be taken further by the RFL, but I fear they are frightened to death of upsetting the SL bosses.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

It is interesting how his chum Carter supported him on Twitter, but both were at pains to explain the system was fine (because they were both involved) but it was the people involved.

Classless guff from both of them.

I think this is a really serious allegation from him that has to be taken further by the RFL, but I fear they are frightened to death of upsetting the SL bosses.

I agree. It is a test for the RFL and whether they can stand up for the integrity of the sport

1 minute ago, LeeF said:

I agree. It is a test for the RFL and whether they can stand up for the integrity of the sport

Wonder if he would be as bothered about a one match ban for Tomkins if they were playing a League 1 team this weekend in the Cup? 

20 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Wonder if he would be as bothered about a one match ban for Tomkins if they were playing a League 1 team this weekend in the Cup? 

Warrington probably didn't want him banning as he is a penalty machine and therefore likely to be an asset for them this weekend

It is interesting that Tomkins already has two bans this year, they were listed on the file as aggravating factors, but he still received the lower end punishment of 1 match for this incident. 

Reading the file is interesting, Hudgell is clearly peeved because his legal arguments didn't lead to a victory here. 

43 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Ever played prop?

No? Well shut up then.

30 day suspension and final warning.  This is your second suspension, hence the public version and the very lengthy one.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Archived