Broadcasting Rights

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/05/2019 at 18:29, Lobbygobbler said:

Who is in charge of BBC England regions for sports? Is it still the public school Scotsman who hates RL?

If we work very hard we can get every single thread locked by mentioning attitudes, prejudice and yawn.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

6 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I watched the early evening BBC news tonight. They couldn’t bring themselves to mention a match they they had actually broadcast but managed to get hold of some highlights of a rugby union game from another broadcaster.

I watched it too, sickening. How the chuff can they get away with it? Its appalling. 

10 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

I watched the early evening BBC news tonight. They couldn’t bring themselves to mention a match they they had actually broadcast but managed to get hold of some highlights of a rugby union game from another broadcaster.

Look it's called bias and the Beeb is chocker blocked with it when it comes to RL.

But it will get loads of help from many within our game who'd rather we didn't mention it or discuss it.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

The union game was their Grand Final, not some random match. If they make a fuss of the Barbarians, a made up team, then have a moan.

You really think that matters?

The question that needs asking, when we're discussing footprint and broadcasting rights, is whether or not the inclusion of NA teams will create the interest, environement and negotiating opportunities that we will need in the not so distant future?

3 minutes ago, Oxford said:

You really think that matters?

The question that needs asking, when we're discussing footprint and broadcasting rights, is whether or not the inclusion of NA teams will create the interest, environement and negotiating opportunities that we will need in the not so distant future?

Of course it does. A final.of a tournament deserves more coverage that a quarter final of another.

The Super League Show should be on in a better slot, but is also a poor programme. Ask why the womens football highlights show is on nationwide and not our highlight show and you wont get a satisfactory answer.

Would they have whoever the union equivalent of Robbie running on the pitch during a game?

Pick the right battles.

42 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Pick the right battles.

Always do!

They would've given it preference no matter what the matches! Your argument only has a partial evidence.

2 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

The union game was their Grand Final, not some random match. If they make a fuss of the Barbarians, a made up team, then have a moan.

But they went out of their way to get highlights. I doubt they’d do that if they didn’t show the SL GF highlights themselves if the boot was on the other foot.

rldfsignature.jpg

20 minutes ago, Lobbygobbler said:

Yep 

How the hell can a Scottish public school RU fan be in charge of English sports regions?

Btw my reference for this guy’s attitude to RL is something I read about in pages 67-68 of “The Petition” by Ray Gent, published in 2002. I believe it was also covered in Total RL magazine. 

14 hours ago, Chamey said:

Could you just quickly clarify whether you're a parody or not?

I'll happily clarify anything you want but I just don't understand the question. I'll take a flier,  I was being literal, I agree with Oxford that its institutional bias which may be down to the power and control vested in just one Ra Ra Scotsman. However pervasive it is at the BBC we ought to fight it. Fight it with every thing we can muster. It stinks and every day it goes on, it hurts us. So, what are we going to do about it?

56 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I think it's hard for us to complain that we didn't receive coverage on the BBC evening news last night when only 6,000 turned up to watch it.

Since when did that stop the BBC covering other sports?

On 30/05/2019 at 05:05, fighting irish said:

If you have no plan for realising your idea then its completely redundant, useless.

The gauge of how far removed from reality you are is that you believe you could sell your ridiculous grandiose nonsense to the RFL (or anyone else for that matter).

This also belies your transparent claims that you ''care'' for the game.

Everyone who really cares about the game is invested in it, to the extent that they can be.

Not standing back, hurling abuse and proposing laughable ideas, they hope to profit from (when they get all the ducks in a row! lol).

Your numbers up mate, you've been rumbled. 

In fact I do have a plan, in bullet point form it's 32 points and it covers all of the relevant financial details.  Is that enough investment in the game for you?  All I lack is contact with the right sort of individuals to make it real.

Who said anything about selling such a concept to the RFL?  Their track record shows clearly that they could do nothing to aid such a venture other than to keep out of the way and accept such financial considerations as might charitably be offered to them and their counterpart governing bodies in the countries where franchises would be based.

4 hours ago, Big Picture said:

In fact I do have a plan, in bullet point form it's 32 points and it covers all of the relevant financial details.  Is that enough investment in the game for you?  All I lack is contact with the right sort of individuals to make it real.

Who said anything about selling such a concept to the RFL?  Their track record shows clearly that they could do nothing to aid such a venture other than to keep out of the way and accept such financial considerations as might charitably be offered to them and their counterpart governing bodies in the countries where franchises would be based.

Yawn

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting article on the increased value of streaming and its continued and predicted growth against traditional Pay TV.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/global-ott-streaming-esports-advertising-revenue-2023-pwc-report

Streaming rights for the next SL deal will be extremely important IMO. Gonna be tough wrestling control of them from SKY.
Hopefully we have some other parties interested. DAZN, 11, BT, Amazon, Netflix.. Would be nice to break the SKY monopoly.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived