Deciplinary Meetings

3 minutes ago, billy the bison said:

Just been browsing the NCL website and came across the disciplinary section,and it reads the last meeting was on the 11 of June 2018 is this correct?if so there must be one hell of a back log or don't they put them on their website any longer.

I think it's an update issue as one of our lads has been to a disciplinary hearing this season

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Just back off holiday and was told West Hull coach Hewitt in trouble for pushing a ref to the floor.

That sounds about right, the guys a #####, 

On 20 July 2019 at 11:17, Davo5 said:

Just back off holiday and was told West Hull coach Hewitt in trouble for pushing a ref to the floor.

If true then I hope that he isn't allowed anywhere near a RL pitch ever again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/07/2019 at 12:21, LeeF said:

If true then I hope that he isn't allowed anywhere near a RL pitch ever again

Mark Hewitt has now had his disciplinary hearing he got a 4 match ban of which 2 were suspended, the only thing he did was speak to the ref after the game about some of the decisions he made during the game the penalty count I've heard was about 13 to 2 against West Hull, why is it that a referee can put in a match report having a coach up for verbal abuse etc, the coach then has to go to the hearing to defend himself yet the referee doesn't even go so as not to be asked any questions regarding any accusations against Mark Hewitt, it seems as though the officials can put what they like in a report then don't have to be at the hearing to substansiate what they have accused someone of doing, if referees/officials want more respect is this really the way to get it. 

26 minutes ago, Rammo23 said:

Mark Hewitt has now had his disciplinary hearing he got a 4 match ban of which 2 were suspended, the only thing he did was speak to the ref after the game about some of the decisions he made during the game the penalty count I've heard was about 13 to 2 against West Hull, why is it that a referee can put in a match report having a coach up for verbal abuse etc, the coach then has to go to the hearing to defend himself yet the referee doesn't even go so as not to be asked any questions regarding any accusations against Mark Hewitt, it seems as though the officials can put what they like in a report then don't have to be at the hearing to substansiate what they have accused someone of doing, if referees/officials want more respect is this really the way to get it. 

He must have dine more than just speak to the ref and the penalty count is irrelevant.

A match officials report is a factual report of what happened and is accepted as such. No issues from me and it has no impact on respect. Your comments would indicate that you have little or no respect and I would guess have little or no experience of refereeing a game and probably have little or no knowledge of the laws of the game 

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

He must have dine more than just speak to the ref and the penalty count is irrelevant.

A match officials report is a factual report of what happened and is accepted as such. No issues from me and it has no impact on respect. Your comments would indicate that you have little or no respect and I would guess have little or no experience of refereeing a game and probably have little or no knowledge of the laws of the game 

Your correct in saying I have no knowledge of refereeing a game, this has no relevance what so ever, as for the rules of the game I may not know all of them, but your opinion on my respect is totally wrong I have respect for everyone unless they give me reason not to do so, and like I said I heard the penalty count, if that was wrong then I apologise for offending you, it doesn't matter to me I'm not on the pitch playing I'm just watching a game, but don't tell me for one minute that referees don't make mistakes or touch judges there only human like the rest of us

10 hours ago, Rammo23 said:

Your correct in saying I have no knowledge of refereeing a game, this has no relevance what so ever, as for the rules of the game I may not know all of them, but your opinion on my respect is totally wrong I have respect for everyone unless they give me reason not to do so, and like I said I heard the penalty count, if that was wrong then I apologise for offending you, it doesn't matter to me I'm not on the pitch playing I'm just watching a game, but don't tell me for one minute that referees don't make mistakes or touch judges there only human like the rest of us

Yes Match Officials make mistakes but substantially less than players & coaches.

Your original post comes across as defending a coach who has been found guilty of abuse of a match official and then you go in to call the integrity of all match officials. That is a lack of respect both from the coach and from you

I take it from your response you are either a referee/linesman now or have been at sometime, how is what I have said a lack of respect to any officials I haven't called either for how they control a game, but it seems to your way of thinking if a coach has a difference of opinion and says something to them they have to be wrong and the officials are right, like I have said we all make mistakes, and anyone that hasn't has never done anything. 

12 minutes ago, Rammo23 said:

I take it from your response you are either a referee/linesman now or have been at sometime, how is what I have said a lack of respect to any officials I haven't called either for how they control a game, but it seems to your way of thinking if a coach has a difference of opinion and says something to them they have to be wrong and the officials are right, like I have said we all make mistakes, and anyone that hasn't has never done anything. 

I was never a linesman but was a touch judge and referee to a decent level

There are ways to express a difference of opinion but referee abuse which the West Hull coach was apparently found guilty is not the way and never should be.

I have already posted that match officials make mistakes but no mistake should result in players; coaches or spectators abusing them.

If you read your original post it does question the integrity of match officials which imo is showing a lack of respect. You stated that we shouldn't rely on their reports as they can put whatever they like in them which isn't true

I put that because that referee didn't go to the hearing, as I have never had to attend I wouldn't know what the protocol is, my point was with him not been there to be asked anything had there been a query, there are two sides to everything surely, you can't have a disagreement with a piece of paper. 

1 hour ago, Rammo23 said:

I put that because that referee didn't go to the hearing, as I have never had to attend I wouldn't know what the protocol is, my point was with him not been there to be asked anything had there been a query, there are two sides to everything surely, you can't have a disagreement with a piece of paper. 

You put that the referee can put what they like. That is calling out their integrity

You then went on to post about them getting more respect. How about the coach, in this instance, showing the referee their due respect? 

2 hours ago, LeeF said:

You put that the referee can put what they like. That is calling out their integrity

You then went on to post about them getting more respect. How about the coach, in this instance, showing the referee their due respect? 

So by disagreeing with what the referee says that means you don't have any respect for them in your opinion, does that apply to a captain of a team aswell if they ask the referee about a decision, your missing my point altogether, the referee said one thing the coach said another but because that's what the report says  in your eyes that is what happened, no ifs or buts. 

8 hours ago, Rammo23 said:

So by disagreeing with what the referee says that means you don't have any respect for them in your opinion, does that apply to a captain of a team aswell if they ask the referee about a decision, your missing my point altogether, the referee said one thing the coach said another but because that's what the report says  in your eyes that is what happened, no ifs or buts. 

If you approach the referee in the correct manner regarding a decision correct but how did he approach him politely or otherwise.

Rammo I have never been an official before you ask but have played and watched for 50+ years and some of my sons are still playing.

I don't know what policy your club has regarding officials but most clubs at junior and senior level players are asked to respect them clearly your senior coach does not I am surprised your club has not disciplined him as he is not a good example for your junior players to look up to.  

I think you should stop trying to justify what he did.

9 hours ago, Rammo23 said:

A few things

Firstly stop digging

Secondly try reading & understanding what I wrote.

Third. He clearly didn't just disagree or just ask

Finally either you are on a wind up or you have no respect for match officials 

I think this has reached its course now as you obviously only believe one side, that of the referee, fair enough, I didn't say that the referee had lied in his report or that I don't respect the officials at any time, you have just made the assumption that because I said the referee could have put anything you think I'm wrong when my point was why didn't the referee have to attend the hearing if questions needed to be asked 

16 minutes ago, Rammo23 said:

I think this has reached its course now as you obviously only believe one side, that of the referee, fair enough, I didn't say that the referee had lied in his report or that I don't respect the officials at any time, you have just made the assumption that because I said the referee could have put anything you think I'm wrong when my point was why didn't the referee have to attend the hearing if questions needed to be asked 

Maybe he didn't want to be abused and pushed over again by "Honest" Mark

Archived