Deciplinary Meetings

7 hours ago, Rammo23 said:

I think this has reached its course now as you obviously only believe one side, that of the referee, fair enough, I didn't say that the referee had lied in his report or that I don't respect the officials at any time, you have just made the assumption that because I said the referee could have put anything you think I'm wrong when my point was why didn't the referee have to attend the hearing if questions needed to be asked 

Why do you continue to defend the guilty coach? 

BTW you did imply that the ref lied and that you have no respect for match officials under the current system

Obviously the Disciplinary Committee read the ref's report and thought that it contained all the facts that were required. They clearly believed him even if you didn't. 

Please stop digging for your own sake

How did I imply the ref lied, and how do you base your opinion that I don't respect the officials under which current system, you have just stated yourself the disciplinary committee read the refs report and "thought" that it contained all the facts, so by that statement are you suggesting it may not have contained all the facts, had the ref been there they would have found out wouldn't they? 

To georgehadgingerhair the club policy is to respect all officials as it should at all age levels, I too have played the game and watched for 50+ years and have a son still playing, I like you don't know what was said or in what manner it was said, so by talking to an official you are setting a bad example, I could understand you saying this if he was screaming in his ear with an aggressive manner but from where I was stood that didn't seem the case to me, obviously the club have spoken to him over this 

4 hours ago, Rammo23 said:

How did I imply the ref lied, and how do you base your opinion that I don't respect the officials under which current system, you have just stated yourself the disciplinary committee read the refs report and "thought" that it contained all the facts, so by that statement are you suggesting it may not have contained all the facts, had the ref been there they would have found out wouldn't they? 

Go back and read exactly what you have posted. That covers the lie and respect issues.

Thought is the correct word and no I am not suggesting other than that the report was a true & accurate report of the events.

The words straws and clutching spring to mind

3 hours ago, Rammo23 said:

To georgehadgingerhair the club policy is to respect all officials as it should at all age levels, I too have played the game and watched for 50+ years and have a son still playing, I like you don't know what was said or in what manner it was said, so by talking to an official you are setting a bad example, I could understand you saying this if he was screaming in his ear with an aggressive manner but from where I was stood that didn't seem the case to me, obviously the club have spoken to him over this 

I'll now drop the comment about you implying that the referee lied and settle for the fact that you clearly claim that the referee lied

Well yet again you are clearly wrong, as I said earlier I didn't put the ref had lied, my point was he wasn't at the hearing to back up what he had reported or to be asked to elaborate on it by either the committee or the coach, why is that so hard for you to understand? 

18 minutes ago, Rammo23 said:

Well yet again you are clearly wrong, as I said earlier I didn't put the ref had lied, my point was he wasn't at the hearing to back up what he had reported or to be asked to elaborate on it by either the committee or the coach, why is that so hard for you to understand? 

Yes you have claimed the ref lured by giving a view on the incident that differs from the report

It is clear that you are now trolling so goodbye

5 hours ago, Rammo23 said:

Referees are not witnesses to be cross-examined, especially not by the accused party.

All playing leagues, from Yorkshire Juniors up to Super League, have a duty to protect match officials and therefore reports of MO abuse and/or questioning their integrity are taken extremely seriously. This means that referee reports are taken as fact. If you don't like that then find a sport which doesn't back up those doing the most difficult of jobs. 

How do you even know that the referee was not at the hearing? Or that he was not contacted by the disciplinary committee?  

This just comes across as the guilty club/coach wanting to continue the same argument which got them into trouble in the first place. 

I appreciate that refs have a very hard and at times thankless job to do, I also respect them, I also know that the rugby-league are clamping down on referee abuse and I don't have a problem with that. Had LeeF with his knowledge of ref reports mentioned the fact that they are not questioned all of this could have been prevented, as I said earlier I haven't been to a hearing before so I wouldn't know what goes on. I heard the referee was not at the hearing. 

3 hours ago, Rammo23 said:

I appreciate that refs have a very hard and at times thankless job to do, I also respect them, I also know that the rugby-league are clamping down on referee abuse and I don't have a problem with that. Had LeeF with his knowledge of ref reports mentioned the fact that they are not questioned all of this could have been prevented, as I said earlier I haven't been to a hearing before so I wouldn't know what goes on. I heard the referee was not at the hearing. 

I did and if you had any awareness you would have kept quiet rather making false accusations and disrespecting match officials 

1 hour ago, Rammo23 said:

What you said was the refs report is a factual account of what happened and is accepted as such, no mention of the referee not having to be asked any questions. 

What are you on?

I can read and understand everything I have written, it's you that seems to have the problem, is that with you having been a referee yourself? noone else can have an opinion, everybody else is wrong, what was it you put, referees make mistakes but considerably less than players or coaches, your words not mine. 

I can read and understand everything I have written, it's you that seems to have the problem, is that with you having been a referee yourself? noone else can have an opinion, everybody else is wrong, what was it you put, referees make mistakes but considerably less than players or coaches, your words not mine. 

And your quote supports my view not yours

In league can conduct of junior teams affect the first team ?

I know in Union once a club gets noticed for bad behaviour (measured as 5 reds across the club) they get put on watch. Too many more red's even from a U18 team and the firsts get docked league points. If those red's are for things like dissent or professional fouls (stamping etc) the sanctions come in sooner and harder. I played in 3 games at the end of last season where anyone even in that 4's game got a red and the firsts would have suffered demotion

But then you get into self fulfilling prophesy time

Cant suspend/demote refs for poor performance if there is no one waiting in the wings to take their place who is better. Who would wan to be a professional ref with all the stick they get and the worse it gets the worse the recruitment issues will be.

You want better refs in a couple or few years then start treating them well now

Don't whinge about "earning respect" respect the shirt they wear and then hope that respect translates into better motivated refs and improving quality as we go fwd as otherwise it is a spiral in the other direction

He must have dine more than just speak to the ref and the penalty count is irrelevant.

A match officials report is a factual report of what happened and is accepted as such. No issues from me and it has no impact on respect. Your comments would indicate that you have little or no respect and I would guess have little or no experience of refereeing a game and probably have little or no knowledge of the laws of the game 

If all were as good as you we'd have no problems, now't to talk or gripe about (Why aren't you coaching assessing referee's) 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived