chanting club statement

tms

The club is fully aware of various complaints that have been made over the past month towards a small section of fans that are continually taking part in offensive and inappropriate behaviour.

The behaviour of this small group of fans will not be tolerated and the RFL have now asked the club to explain the incidents in question. Video Footage was taken at the Bradford Bulls game and by working alongside Saxon security we will try to identify the culprits.

Davide Longo, CEO said “The club is working tirelessly on and off the field. To have this hard work damaged by so called supporters who’s behaviours are not of the expected levels of our game, is thoroughly disappointing.

We want to create a supportive atmosphere but we have zero tolerance to racism, abusive chanting and other such forms of inappropriate behaviours. We have a multi-cultural team at Featherstone Rovers and I am sure these players would not appreciate hearing such chanting.

We ask anybody who can provide further information to contact the club on info@featherstonerovers.co.uk and all information will be dealt with in strictest confidence”.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, POR said:

The club is fully aware of various complaints that have been made over the past month towards a small section of fans that are continually taking part in offensive and inappropriate behaviour.

The behaviour of this small group of fans will not be tolerated and the RFL have now asked the club to explain the incidents in question. Video Footage was taken at the Bradford Bulls game and by working alongside Saxon security we will try to identify the culprits.

Davide Longo, CEO said “The club is working tirelessly on and off the field. To have this hard work damaged by so called supporters who’s behaviours are not of the expected levels of our game, is thoroughly disappointing.

We want to create a supportive atmosphere but we have zero tolerance to racism, abusive chanting and other such forms of inappropriate behaviours. We have a multi-cultural team at Featherstone Rovers and I am sure these players would not appreciate hearing such chanting.

We ask anybody who can provide further information to contact the club on info@featherstonerovers.co.uk and all information will be dealt with in strictest confidence”.

The chant about Bradford last week wasn't nice to hear. I thought we had got past racist chanting in RL. Shame the steward at the end of the game didnt know who to report it too also.

Stop drums going through the turnstiles and stop people banging on things at the back of the stand. People often respond to the chants and stand up and clap. There is an intermix between legit and offensive chants. Some encourage the team but others are just offensive. To identify the people concerned is easy. Middle of stand at back with a drum or drums. 

I can't see how banging a drum or banging on the stand walls as anything to do with offensive chanting, surely it gives the noise to get behind the players. Fans daft enough to use offensive chanting will do it drum or no drum. 

18 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

I can't see how banging a drum or banging on the stand walls as anything to do with offensive chanting, surely it gives the noise to get behind the players. Fans daft enough to use offensive chanting will do it drum or no drum. 

The chanting starts with the introduction of the drum beat. They are interrelated.

9 hours ago, jamescolin said:

The chanting starts with the introduction of the drum beat. They are interrelated.

Ive sat in that section on the stand since it opened, there has been various different drums and drummers in the time, the drum beat sets off 2 chants what i can think of non are in the slightest offensive, other chants are started and sometimes joined with a drum beat, impossible for people to come up with a spur of the moment chant from a few drum beats unless weve got Queen sat at back of stand. The chant in question didnt have the drum joining in, if it did people probably wouldnt have heard it anyway.

8 minutes ago, Terrybill said:

The drummer boys efforts did not  drown out the moronic and offensive chant nor does it drown out any other chants.

But it had nothing to do with the offensive chants or in now way started them, which is a ridiculous statement is the point am making, lot of time our fans make things worse talking bull , people that dont have any information about the incident, just need to zip it, instead of posting rubbish everywhere making matters worse and dragging the club down.

My comment was in response to the suggestion that had the drum been played as part of the chant people were unlikely to have heard it and highlighting the fact that other chants can be heard when the drummer boy chips in.  I heard the chant and in my opinion it was moronic and those that were involved should be ashamed of their behaviour.

The drum is not the problem!!!

The drum very very rarely goes to away games has the person it belongs to doesn’t often attend away games. Let’s see past the drum

Im Fev and im proud

I've not suggested it is, I have pointed out that the inference that the playing of the drum would drown out the offensive chant was not correct.

I'm not a fan of drums, trumpets, cow bells or other musical instruments at games but support needs to passionate and if it adds something to that good

14 hours ago, Bcfc2014 said:

The chant about Bradford last week wasn't nice to hear. I thought we had got past racist chanting in RL. Shame the steward at the end of the game didnt know who to report it too also.

That about the steward requires reporting to the club cos in my eyes somebody is getting paid money for old rope. Unless they just couldn’t be bothered has I’ve found this out before myself when I saw someone smoking in the family stand (yes I reported it to club) 

Im Fev and im proud

57 minutes ago, Maureen T-k said:

That about the steward requires reporting to the club cos in my eyes somebody is getting paid money for old rope. Unless they just couldn’t be bothered has I’ve found this out before myself when I saw someone smoking in the family stand (yes I reported it to club) 

I have reported it to the club yesterday after I had a private message from them on Facebook. Like you said maybe they couldn't be bothered dealing with it or it's a training issue which can be easily resolved.

6 hours ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

But it had nothing to do with the offensive chants or in now way started them, which is a ridiculous statement is the point am making, lot of time our fans make things worse talking bull , people that dont have any information about the incident, just need to zip it, instead of posting rubbish everywhere making matters worse and dragging the club down.

I thought posting information about incidents that you did not witness was your thing ?

It doesn't matter what peoples opinions are regarding the statement. The only thing that matters is our club has made this statement regarding offensive and inappropriate behaviour. Surely as supporters we've got to back the club on this.

18 hours ago, jamescolin said:

There's offensive language sometimes drum or not, it's not because of the drum!!!!!! 

This has gone on for years and it will take some time and effort to stop it.  A Bradford supporter friend of mine loves to remind me of an incident years back when someone stood next to him in the Bullocks shed was shouting racist abuse at Gerald Cordle and then turned and shouted to Owen Simpson, 'not you Owen, you're alright!'.

Beer has a lot to do with the racist and profane chanting and has been for the best part of 40 years to my knowledge.

15 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

My main objection is the shouting of the 'F' word when children are sitting on the same stand.

Colin unfortunately this word is in general use day in, day out, some parents even use it in everyday talk to their offspring. The problem in my opinion is far greater than that, it’s the alledged racist abuse and chants that people have heard and witnessed. Nobody is born racist!!!

Im Fev and im proud

the problem here is youv got a certain percentage of the country that thinks any remotely racial comment makes you the devil incarnate and should be followed by a lengthy spell in prison and there is a shock / horror how could you reaction from the media and people trying to score points on social media. Then there is a percentage who think its no worse than any other abuse that people suffer, gingers have had hell since day 1, and try been short and fat. But the law says its illegal so thats that, but it wants putting into perspective and id be surprised after this if any kind of chants like that are heard again at Rovers. To me a real racist is someone who would hurt another person because of the colour of there skin and i dont think any rovers fan in that ground sunday would ever do that

Archived