chanting club statement

tms

On 31/05/2019 at 18:59, gingdong said:

the problem here is youv got a certain percentage of the country that thinks any remotely racial comment makes you the devil incarnate and should be followed by a lengthy spell in prison and there is a shock / horror how could you reaction from the media and people trying to score points on social media. Then there is a percentage who think its no worse than any other abuse that people suffer, gingers have had hell since day 1, and try been short and fat. But the law says its illegal so thats that, but it wants putting into perspective and id be surprised after this if any kind of chants like that are heard again at Rovers. To me a real racist is someone who would hurt another person because of the colour of there skin and i dont think any rovers fan in that ground sunday would ever do that

There’s plenty of them on this forum .

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gareth hock said:

There’s plenty of them on this forum .

I wouldn't say it's 'point scoring', I would say it is just some people wanting to go watch a game of rugby, have a laugh, maybe a drink or two, a bit of banter with other fans and have a good day out. They probably don't want to see drunken idiots fighting or offering the world out, vandalising property and being over abusive in their singing. Not much to ask for.

31 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

I wouldn't say it's 'point scoring', I would say it is just some people wanting to go watch a game of rugby, have a laugh, maybe a drink or two, a bit of banter with other fans and have a good day out. They probably don't want to see drunken idiots fighting or offering the world out, vandalising property and being over abusive in their singing. Not much to ask for.

No that’s not too much to ask for I agree but report that to the correct authorities like the club or even the police. What good does it do putting it all over social media for other clubs fans to jump all over it it just makes us as a club look worse .

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

non of that happened sunday just a couple of unsavory chants, and the snowflake rovers have had an absolute field day ever since, they bandy the racist word out like confetti  totally diluting the word just to take the moral high ground on social media falling over themselves to be the most outraged. You could name them all before hand who would take to social media with mock outrage there pathetic and make the problems worse than they are

I'm not sure you fully appreciate the offensiveness of the chant and who it's going to offend and how offended they are likely to be the other unacceptable stuff becomes acceptable when such as you try to belittle those that complain and excuse those that make the offensive remarks, most is beyond supporting your team and being classed as banter sadly the problem is sporting wide

1 hour ago, Terrybill said:

I'm not sure you fully appreciate the offensiveness of the chant and who it's going to offend and how offended they are likely to be the other unacceptable stuff becomes acceptable when such as you try to belittle those that complain and excuse those that make the offensive remarks, most is beyond supporting your team and being classed as banter sadly the problem is sporting wide

snowflake

You underline this problem, with your limited half-witted responses. The likes of you are the biggest part of the problem. I would be very interested to know the angle of your forehead and the nature of your gait so I could better judge how much of a Neanderthal you are. my guess is acute and knuckle dragging.

7 minutes ago, Terrybill said:

You underline this problem, with your limited half-witted responses. The likes of you are the biggest part of the problem. I would be very interested to know the angle of your forehead and the nature of your gait so I could better judge how much of a Neanderthal you are. my guess is acute and knuckle dragging.

Snowflakes like you  are the problem, as for half witted responses maybe you should do a little research on neanderthals because describing them as acute and knuckle dragging couldnt be further from the truth and im   delighted to be called a neanderthal and take it as a great compliment

Can we please cut out the insults has the moderators don’t want to have to go down the route of either locking the thread or hiding it completely like the other one the other day. 

Thank you 

Maureen and Jimmy B 

Im Fev and im proud

For me at POR I have never been offended by the home fans chanting and was there for the Bradford match and didn’t hear owt however surely an announcement at the start of the match that if anyone is racist chanting will be removed from the ground by the Stewards will surely do the trick bearing in mind if the Stewards do their job which they are paid for.As for swearing I am not condoning it but I hear worse where I live from eight year olds and on a level X 100 I was at the Leeds v Aston Villa match near the corner flag as Grealish was taking a corner and Fev doesn’t compare on this scale as kids and women were worse with the abuse than the blokes.

54 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Jesus H........

This thread is fkn unreal.....

Yes but I find it amusing.I don’t think you are a neanthadel ,possibly Gandolf as I have recently watched the Hobbit.?

6 hours ago, gingdong said:

non of that happened sunday just a couple of unsavory chants, and the snowflake rovers have had an absolute field day ever since, they bandy the racist word out like confetti  totally diluting the word just to take the moral high ground on social media falling over themselves to be the most outraged. You could name them all before hand who would take to social media with mock outrage there pathetic and make the problems worse than they are

I am not saying all of that happened on Sunday, but if you were at Swinton, Rochdale and/or Toulouse to name but 3, I think you might find what I said is pretty close to the mark. 

3 hours ago, gingdong said:

Snowflakes like you  are the problem, as for half witted responses maybe you should do a little research on neanderthals because describing them as acute and knuckle dragging couldnt be further from the truth and im   delighted to be called a neanderthal and take it as a great compliment

Snowflakes = people with decent morals.

Those that use it as an insult, radicalised by the alt right and social media, or lacking in decency.

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Snowflakes = people with decent morals.

Those that use it as an insult, radicalised by the alt right and social media, or lacking in decency.

What does 'snowflake' mean?

Other than frozen rain, a "snowflake" is a term used to describe an overly sensitive person who thinks the world revolves around them.

Snowflakes gasp in horror when they hear an opinion they don't like, and believe they have a right to be protected from anything unpalatable.

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

Today's generation of sensitive uni students are often labelled snowflakes because they receive "trigger warnings" on books and lectures that might contain upsetting subjects.

Snowflake youngsters were horrified at un-PC jokes in the 90s sitcom Friends, which they saw for the first time when it was released on Netflix. The term was also used when people began complaining about old James Bond films starring Sean Connery.

The name comes from the phrase "special snowflake", meaning somebody who is self-obsessed and fragile, easily offended, or unable to deal with opposing opinions.

2 minutes ago, gingdong said:

What does 'snowflake' mean?

Other than frozen rain, a "snowflake" is a term used to describe an overly sensitive person who thinks the world revolves around them.

Snowflakes gasp in horror when they hear an opinion they don't like, and believe they have a right to be protected from anything unpalatable.

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

Today's generation of sensitive uni students are often labelled snowflakes because they receive "trigger warnings" on books and lectures that might contain upsetting subjects.

Snowflake youngsters were horrified at un-PC jokes in the 90s sitcom Friends, which they saw for the first time when it was released on Netflix. The term was also used when people began complaining about old James Bond films starring Sean Connery.

The name comes from the phrase "special snowflake", meaning somebody who is self-obsessed and fragile, easily offended, or unable to deal with opposing opinions.

the rovers right on snowflake brigade lead by mr ashton

53 minutes ago, Terrybill said:

I wonder if anyone at the RFL reads this stuff

At times, I wonder why anyone reads stuff on here. ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Archived