Sun 2nd June : The 1895 Cup 2nd round fixture thread.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Aye there's that.?

I just think the whole press release was laughable and amateurish.

One thing about Probiz (at least at Fev). Some proper cash went into it. How much is this sponsorship worth?

There are some questions you know you aren't getting an answer to , that's one of them 

Just out of interest , any idea what Corals deal is for the curtain-raiser ?

14 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Still no fixtures on the BBC site for the 1895 cup, poor showing by aunty.

If only they'd been in touch with me.

I might have been able to sort summat.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

An Eddie Stobart dinky toy

I really love the type of people who like to criticise others for doing things they can't or won't , as much as Derek Beaumont isn't perfect , he supports RL from top to bottom , Shame there aren't plenty more like him

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I really love the type of people who like to criticise others for doing things they can't or won't , as much as Derek Beaumont isn't perfect , he supports RL from top to bottom , Shame there aren't plenty more like him

I can't see much criticism aimed at DB to be fair. But the fact that we have yet another example of where the sport has failed to attract a commercial opportunity from outside the sport is pretty embarrassing. The AB Sundecks 1895 Cup couldn't sound any more small time if it tried

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Ah, it’s Beaumont’s company. 

Maybe I should  have a bet on Leigh to win the tin pot!!

Judging by some of this thread's content, I'm guessing that nobody wants me to edit the thread title so as to include the new sponsor's name?

(Apart from Derek, of course!)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Good on Beaumont for sponsoring the Trophy. The complete absence of any reference to the financial side suggests it's very small. And that the RFL can't find a sponsor for a final at Wembley is worrying, but would you want to sponsor a final at an empty stadium?

Old Frightful, you say there is no mention on BBC about the up and coming matches. The Beeb don't give a monkeys about Rugby League

Watching Breakfast Television just now and on the sports part it mentions football, rugby union, tennis, horse racing etc and then at the end of it the presenter says 'oh yay and St Helens beat Wakefield in the cup'. Really pisses me off

If Mr Argyle had sponsored the 1895 competition then we would have had 42 pages of how positive that would have been to most on these pages,  but because Mr Beaumont has put his hand in his pocket irrespective of the value of his contribution it is considered misdeaming, the truth is Mr Beaumont unbeknown to many of his critics has done quite a lot of sponsorship in other parts of the game especially the community game a part of our sport that lot of people have very little connection with or indeed any interest in, an area of the sport that is in dire need of as much assistance as possible, conversely Mr Argyle in contrary has not done very much in fact zilch away from the interest of his own club, even in his immediate locality, but for those who wish to nake adverse comments don't let a good moan get in the way of facts.

Another pro Leigh owner rant , defending him against non-existent criticism in this thread.

The 1895 cup has had a wobbly start. Dubious motives for its creation, withdrawals from top teams, midweek fixtures, alarming lack of exposure on the most basic of levels, the after-the-final final, etc.  Now a last minute, cash free sponsorship, poorly presented and offering the most downmarket image.

That's the problem. Not Leigh' s owner.

Archived