The 2019 Cricket World Cup Thread

Well that was ridiculous. I have only just worked out how we won but I am happy to take it. That last over of 'normal' play was stupendous. I thought they had played Stokes brilliantly, he looked fed up of digging every ball out.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a game that was.  I made the schoolgirl error of trying to eat my tea during the super over (I was sooo hungry).  Chronic indigestion now!  But well worth it.  To win on boundaries was great drama but I do wish they'd made it a bit easier for the fans' blood pressure and digestive systems!

FFS! The BBC website has put The "Mens" world cup.  Bloody pathetic.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

7 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

FFS! The BBC website has put The "Mens" world cup.  Bloody pathetic.

Were they not men? That Rashid and Williamson have good facial hair for women.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Were they not men? That Rashid and Williamson have good facial hair for women.

It is THE cricket world cup just like cricket THE Ashes.  It doesn't need the gender addition.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Just now, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

It is THE cricket world cup just like cricket THE Ashes.  It doesn't need the gender addition.

Frightened little man.

15 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Were they not men? 

They were Devo!

81G8GS7hOWL._SY355_.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, DavidM said:

We won , nothing else really matters ! 

This is a Rugby League forum; if we don't allow people to squeeze even the most microscopic dregs of discontent from anything that has ever happened anywhere in the universe since the dawn of time, we are betraying a proud tradition.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Congratulations to England my nerves are now shreadded - There will almost certainly never be another ODI game like that.

Congratulations also to Trevor Bayliss brought in with a specific brief to win the world cup - Mission accomplished.

I am off to lie down...

image.png.f27bd190218c8bce301ae0da6a96735e.png

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

14 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Frightened little man.

Getting peed off more like. 

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

6 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Very clearly.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, bobbruce said:

Relax

That was my relaxed face.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Well, you crack on and the rest of us will enjoy England winning a flipping world cup.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

Well, you crack on and the rest of us will enjoy England winning a flipping world cup.

England won one a couple of years ago, but of course they were "only women".

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

23 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Congratulations to England my nerves are now shreadded - There will almost certainly never be another ODI game like that.

Congratulations also to Trevor Bayliss brought in with a specific brief to win the world cup - Mission accomplished.

I am off to lie down...

image.png.f27bd190218c8bce301ae0da6a96735e.png

And he still found time to invent the wind up radio!

rldfsignature.jpg

5 minutes ago, tim2 said:

England won one a couple of years ago, but of course they were "only women".

I was there. It was a tremendous day. One of the best individual performances - from Shrubsole bowling 6/47 - that I've had the privilege of watching.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

42 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

The official name of the tournament is the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Well that was ridiculous. I have only just worked out how we won but I am happy to take it. That last over of 'normal' play was stupendous. I thought they had played Stokes brilliantly, he looked fed up of digging every ball out.

Who knows when they changed the countback rules so that it wasn't on either wickets lost or runs scored by certain points in the innings but I am very glad they did.

Archived