Peterborough By Election

1 hour ago, Saintslass said:

Seriously, though, how sad that people would knowingly vote in someone with anti-Semitic sympathies, especially having rejected a criminal.  Both Labour too. 

Says someone who proudly and knowingly voted for a terrorist sympathiser.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

What is anti semitic about what she liked in the tweet?

You may have to educate me here, as you always seem to pop up on these type of 'issues'

Thanks for your question. I think this article from the guardian explains it better than I could. 

I don't think she is disputing the article was anti Semitic. Her defence was that she hadn't read all of the article. 

She has agreed to undertake anti-semitism awareness training which is good.

I do tend to pop up on these issues yes, but I take on board what you said about not drifting the thread so I will leave it here. ☺

https://www.google.com/url?I 3sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/02/jewish-groups-labour-peterborough-byelection-lisa-forbes-antisemitism&ved=2ahUKEwjKprDT4NbiAhVWSxUIHcrWDUYQFjAIegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw00QAsLGwCI2yOCsUMJoqvQ&ampcf=1

2 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

Stop Press : Farage on BBC again

He was on Today just after 7.

Fair play to Humphrys, whilst it wasn't anything like an attack, he did obviously make Farage feel uncomfortable for a change.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, Shadow said:

BBC breakfast went from an interview with Farage to a piece about the defeat of the Nazis. I’m sure it was unintentional but I smiled.

It's a shame the internet didn't exist in 1932. We will never know if all of the voters were saying, 'duurrrr! Protest vote!'

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well that's taken the smile off Farage's face. If he can't win a by election in a place like Peterborough at this moment in time where can they win ?

I'd say they are going to really struggle.

This was about as open a goal as the Brexit Party could have wished for. Recalled MP, unpopular Tories and Labour, right after the EU elections, Brexit still the only topic of national debate and a guaranteed lower than General Election turn out in an area which voted 60% leave.

How do you not win with all that in your favour?

Well, you blame the brown people, it seems.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

There was an article last week after the poll putting The brexit party second after the Lib Dem’s where Farage had been complaining that the brexit party wasn’t on the primary list and yougov, or whoever had done the poll responded that for some reason every poll weighted the brexit party higher than it should and they couldn’t quite figure out why. In the euro elections the polls had the brexit party further ahead than they really were, and again the polls yesterday had this as a brexit party win. 

Heres hoping they’re a busted flush. 

17 hours ago, gingerjon said:

It's not even an issue. The Brexit Party will win pretty comfortably.

Which changes not one thing about Brexit.

I am a broken man this morning.

As you are someone who always posts well thought out, factual, evidence based, well balanced, impartial and critical analysis of all things Brexit how could you possibly have got this so wrong? According to you this was a one horse race and your predicted winner came second. How am I, and more important, the nation ever going to take what you say with any conviction ever again?

Maybe the lesson I should learn is that not everything that is so wildly and enthusiastically predicted to happen in regards of Brexit is actually going to happen.

20 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

how could you possibly have got this so wrong?

Pretty easily, it appears. It happens.

9 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

There's been some assessment of the recent polling that makes Hastings & Rye a Brexit/Lib Dem marginal.

I'll believe it when I see it.

It does confirm that the Tories are most threatened by UKIP/Brexit party rather than Labour. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

15 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

It does confirm that the Tories are most threatened by UKIP/Brexit party rather than Labour. 

And I would add that this result will do nothing for those in the Labour party hoping to get comrade Corbyn to push for a 2nd referendum. This will be seen by him and his cohorts as a vindication of his point of view.

17 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Vote Brexit, get labour will be very much at the heart of current Tory thinking.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

People say they were not misinformed and knew exactly what they voted for, yet?

Someone who was close to becoming an MP, yet is clearly misinformed and doesn’t know what the EU does?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

4 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

People say they were not misinformed and knew exactly what they voted for, yet?

Someone who was close to becoming an MP, yet is clearly misinformed and doesn’t know what the EU does?

I’m not happy that Labour won, I am delighted that he/they lost though. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

19 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

Are we all ready for a day of the grinning Farage tomorrow then? Will Labour hold on to the seat? Will the Tories take it back? Will the Lib Dem surge break through in this predominantly leave area? Let's see who the good people of Peterborough return as their MP. 

??

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Archived