1895 Cup

750VFR

Should we hope for a Bradford win in the Challenge Cup and them not being too concerned* about next Wednesday? 

Would it be better for the Raiders to concentrate on the Championship? 

Always looks easy from the sidelines but these are difficult issues for Club personnel to consider. 

* never would I suggest a team wouldn't give 100% but maybe a lesser quality team might be sent to CP. 

David

David Taylor

@750VFR

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Barrow RLFC123 said:

Yeah if we go down will be in league one for a few years as the  American teams will join will endless money and be too strong for everyone else

I admire your confidence that there will be a League1 for a few years yet.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Bradford will send reserves and some under 19s up Wednesday next weekends game vs Batley is more important than the 1895 cup. Lost today but let them players rest up and go again in a weeks time. 

Barrow had 10 day rest for this one so hopefully they win and it's all out for a top 5 play off finish.

5 senior players and the rest are under 19s. Kear said in his post match super league teams don't play Sunday then Thursday 4 days rest so why should we play with 3 days rest. To barrows 10 day rest like I said Batley next Sunday is more important than this cup game. Kears doing the right thing player welfare.

12 hours ago, Bullmania said:

5 senior players and the rest are under 19s. Kear said in his post match super league teams don't play Sunday then Thursday 4 days rest so why should we play with 3 days rest. To barrows 10 day rest like I said Batley next Sunday is more important than this cup game. Kears doing the right thing player welfare.

And yet teams below Super League play on Good Friday and Easter Monday with only two days rest. Did Kear field a load of youngsters and fringe players in your Easter Monday fixture?

I personally would field a strong side. 

The side has been lacking confidence and 2 wins on the bounce will really help with that. Anyone with a niggle rest but if we have an easy opportunity to pick up a win I wouldn't turn it down. 

Provoked a few thoughts with this post, polar opposite opinions have been expressed. 

It can't be easy, running a Club, maybe 50% always against you. 

Main thing is we all turn up and watch the game, no excuses. 

David Taylor

@750VFR

7 hours ago, Dave W said:

And yet teams below Super League play on Good Friday and Easter Monday with only two days rest. Did Kear field a load of youngsters and fringe players in your Easter Monday fixture?

Completely different players just come over heartache off a quarter final challenge cup match loss. Losing a big game hence player welfare of stress. To play in a no prize fund cup game. When there's a bigger game at the weekend Batley at odsal in the league 100 times more important than a no prize fund cup game. 

3 hours ago, UpTheRaiders said:

As long as we're not losing money and key players being in this competition I'd like us to give it a shot, we've not had much to cheer about this season 

I'm sure we will. It's not like we have a big enough squad to even field a "weakened" team. More a case of squad rotation. I think a big win would only help build the confidence on the back of the Rochdale win 

I hope we play our strongest side, go for the win and hope for another home draw in the next round. plus I've already got my Wembley ticket so heres hoping!

sundays game is one we wont win for me, too short a turnaround/rest time and against one of the best teams in the league, too much against us.

Archived