1895 Cup

750VFR

3 hours ago, NWDuk said:

Leigh away on the Wednesday night. Toulouse on the saturday. Following week a must win home game against Dewsbury...

Hang on, let me get my Bradford excuses out.....

Won't someone think of the player welfare!

I thought we had played Dewsbury at home.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Bullmania said:

Difference been barrow had a ten day rest bulls had a 3 day turn around. Also the reason bradford picked the team they did has a more important game against Batley in the league on Sunday why make them play 3 times in a week when you can rest them. We can now concentrate on the league with no extra games overall let's see who made the right choice. This could come back and bite barrow your currently in a relegation scrap although you need the winning mentality do you really want more games?

If it makes you feel better, but I thought your travelling fans were a bit embarrassed,

6 hours ago, NWDuk said:

Leigh away on the Wednesday night. Toulouse on the saturday. Following week a must win home game against Dewsbury...

Being picky but I think Toulouse is Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UpTheRaiders said:

Think he's banned apparently Carter and puara are starting halves 

Carter is cup tied as in Ben White. 

Will likely be Johnston and Puara. 

• 3 months later...

workington have opted out of next years 1895  cup .should barrow do the same? we have precious few games as it is.its a balance between much needed revenue and avoiding injuries.i would opt to play just to see a championship team at craven park.

32 minutes ago, the mutt said:

workington have opted out of next years 1895  cup .should barrow do the same? we have precious few games as it is.its a balance between much needed revenue and avoiding injuries.i would opt to play just to see a championship team at craven park.

The problem could be an unfavourable draw. A getting a team out on Wednesday evening for a trip to London could be problematic . A share of the gate would not even compensate for or the expense of travel. There are no travel grants to defray the cost.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I think it would be daft to drop out. 

If we managed to get a championship side at home and we are winning games we could get a good crowd which will be invaluable income. 

Barrow have most definitely opted in. The first round is a weekend and will provide much needed revenue. We already are dropping from 27 games to 20 games and are planning 4 friendlies instead of 3 to help plug the financial gap.

If we stay injury free then there is no reason why we can't have a decent run in the cup. Doncaster were a last minute try away from beating Sheffield in the quarter final who went on to win it. There's no reason why a decent Championship One club couldn't go all the way 

BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

Archived