Match Thread: Widnes v Featherstone Rovers, 1895 Cup. Wednesday 5th June 2019

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Judge said:

Kinda makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Let's be honest, the chances of 'fax reaching the CC final are pretty slim, even given that they're in a 2 horse race. I doubt many folk would have risked putting money on a Championship side reaching the SF before the competition started. 

Having seen Halifax's squad that they have just published for Wednesday's 1895 game against Sheffield, I'm not sure they have much more chance of winning that than they do in the CC against St Helens. Their 19-man squad is basically their reserve team, I can't see any 1st team regulars in it. So much for Sheffield having a hard game on Wednesday....interesting to see what route we go down with our squad.

40 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Having seen Halifax's squad that they have just published for Wednesday's 1895 game against Sheffield, I'm not sure they have much more chance of winning that than they do in the CC against St Helens. Their 19-man squad is basically their reserve team, I can't see any 1st team regulars in it. So much for Sheffield having a hard game on Wednesday....interesting to see what route we go down with our squad.

that only means shefield may have a chance of winning something they've  not been doing much  in their recent games

on wednesday sheffield will still have to play and run about for  80 minutes and put their bodies on the line making tackles no matter who the're playing

hope we play our first team in every  cup game and try our best to get to wembley

I quite like the use of DR for this game. Rest the regulars, have a look at four guys who haven't played for us before who might come in handy later in the season.

Think we have walked a tightrope between trying to send a competitive side and keeping some of the busier members of the side fresh for Sunday. Happy enough with that squad.

6 hours ago, POR said:

decent squad obviously mclelland partners chisolm so punchard misses out and  if he goes with two hookers johnson and maskill    beckett stands down

How do you see the line up POR?

50 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

How do you see the line up POR?

By liking the Official Featherstone rovers page on Facebook or Twitter 

Im Fev and im proud

18 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

I've read that Maureen but how will the team line up in your opinion?

Your post read to me that you wanted to know how you could view Wednesdays squad ???

No idea Colin, I’m a supporter not the coach 

Im Fev and im proud

7 minutes ago, Maureen T-k said:

Your post read to me that you wanted to know how you could view Wednesdays squad ???

No idea Colin, I’m a supporter not the coach 

That makes two of us. Just wait and see I suppose. Cheers

12 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I see that we are marginal favourites with the Bookies for this match. Personally I think with the changes and the extra motivation that Widnes have , that it’s a likely loss.

Without Chisholm and King and no Briscoe I agree

Archived