Why League is better than Union

28 minutes ago, MatthewLoftus said:

I'm trying to find a video on YouTube that I can show to a RU fan to prove Rugby League is better. I'd love to see your suggestions!

There is no such proof forthis truth sorry, people who think yawn is better willcontinue to do so.

But you'll find some discussion of the idea on the cross code boredom this is bound for.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

56 minutes ago, MatthewLoftus said:

I'm trying to find a video on YouTube that I can show to a RU fan to prove Rugby League is better. I'd love to see your suggestions!

You won't convert union fans by claiming 'League is better', they'll simply entrench.  Be subtle, just show them the skills on show in our sport and let them make up their own minds.

Choose any State of Origin Game, or England v Tonga in the semi final of the last world cup, or any NRL game, or anything you enjoyed.

10 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

But don't expect to admit it. 

Don't expect them to admit it, I meant

9 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Don't expect them to admit it, I meant

I think we all knew that!

It's as well to watch who pushes the thread over the edge and claims it jumped all by itself.

2 hours ago, MatthewLoftus said:

I used to puzzle over the fact that most people didn't seem to want to watch a sport that I thought (and still think) is the best sport in the world.

But then a friend of mine was astonished that I couldn't see that Bruce Springsteen was the best rock singer in the world.

Fortunately we are all different and we all like different things.

Having said that, no one will ever convince me that there is a better, more exciting sport than Rugby League.

52 minutes ago, Mr Wind Up said:

Personally I've never had someone convince me that something they like is for me by listening to them speak or watching a video about it. 

I suggest you do nothing, and go about your life as normal.

I'm not trying to convince him. Just to show him why RL is more exciting, skilful and a much better sport.

41 minutes ago, MatthewLoftus said:

I'm not trying to convince him. Just to show him why RL is more exciting, skilful and a much better sport.

Find a Friday night when there's games on simultaneously on Sky sports (RL) and BT sports (RU) and flick between them, it won't take long for you both to see which footage is more interesting

45 minutes ago, MatthewLoftus said:

You'll probably turn him off to be honest 

1 hour ago, MatthewLoftus said:

If he doesn't watch it already the chances are he won't be persuaded, bringing it up on here won't help much either.

Trying to bring it up here is wasted time.

I'm just content that RL is a better sport because I played both, coached kids in them and have watched both live and on TV. Plenty of evidence all which happened even before I learned what yawn was capable of in our history and rejected it completely.

just do a steady video of England rl players with the sub title "all these current England rl players would be selected for England ru"- then follow it up with the England ru team and the subtitle "not one of these players would be selected for England rl"

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

It just is ! Speed , flow , intensity , skill levels . And most of all week in week out I’m amazed by the sheer physical toughness , conditioning and power they have . The collisions over n over n over ,  back n forward , hardly a breather . I just think ‘ they’re not human ! ‘ . Best sport best athletes no comparison . In a nutshell ... the players 

Do we need to convince people that Rugby League is better than another sport? It seems to be a trait within Rugby League that I’ve never seen in any other sports that I follow, our thirst for acceptance and justification is daft, we don’t need to be trying to take on other sports in a popularity contest, which many seem to want to do with Rugby Union.

I like many sports. I don’t feel the need to rate or score those sports in any order. I don’t see why people should and I don’t see why people want to push this agenda that there’s no other game as good as Rugby League and we’re inferior to everyone and everything else. It’s a daft mentality to have. 

I would say we need to convince more people to like the sport, not try and make people like something more than something else. It’s not a contest. 

Archived