Referee abuse & threats

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such wonderful intellect. Truly.

Reminds of the old Sky One programme, Americas dumbest criminals.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Just scrolled through his tweets trying to verify something (I had a hunch just from the volume of misinformed outrage what his politics might be. I was right).

Apart from being clearly thick as pig**** he's perpetually infuriated by all sorts of things. A total snowflake.

But yes this is the sort of thing the police should wander round and have a chat about.

I hope he is identified and banned from the HJ. And yes, the police should be involved.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Is referee abuse in rugby league worse than any other sport? I mean I suppose football is bad but I’ve left a football ground with people saying the ref had a good game, can’t ever recall anyone saying that after a RL game

14 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Is referee abuse in rugby league worse than any other sport? I mean I suppose football is bad but I’ve left a football ground with people saying the ref had a good game, can’t ever recall anyone saying that after a RL game

Our refereeing standard is pretty poor, which I think, fuels some of the abuse. I’m not blaming them completely because sporting fans in general are blinkered fools.

Sport fans must have great eyesight because they manage to see a forward pass from 200 metres away from behind the sticks. 

21 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Our refereeing standard is pretty poor, which I think, fuels some of the abuse. I’m not blaming them completely because sporting fans in general are blinkered fools.

Sport fans must have great eyesight because they manage to see a forward pass from 200 metres away from behind the sticks. 

No it's not especially if you watch with a good knowledge of the laws of the game and aren't biased towards one team or another 

Referees do a very good job in difficult circumstances and I am impressed with the way they have cleared up the play the ball are in recent weeks, if we go to 2 on field officials next year that will hopefully improve things further.

23 minutes ago, LeeF said:

No it's not especially if you watch with a good knowledge of the laws of the game and aren't biased towards one team or another 

Yes, it is. The standard of Super League refereeing is very poor. I think it’s partly down to the rules and how vague and ambiguous many are and the fact we change the rules more times than we change sponsors of the competition. 

54 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Actually it isn’t, the reaction of certain players and fans makes it appear so. It’s also a complex game to officiate imho.

2 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Actually it isn’t, the reaction of certain players and fans makes it appear so. It’s also a complex game to officiate imho.

Oh okay, you must be correct. 

The standard is poor, IMO. The inconsistencies and strange decision making is a massive contributor to this, as is the over reliance by some on the video referee to make a decision. 

This guy really needs to suffer for this appalling stuff. 2 hours at the nick? 2 months would not be enough. A threat is a threat. How is anyone meant to know he would not carry it out or incite others to er..direct action. Also alleging corruption is actionable. let see the RFL sue him.

People generally moan about the standard of refereeing being poor but I disagree. Yes poor decisions are made but overall the standard of reffing is good. They are human and cannot see everything. Easy to criticise someone missing something when you have the benefit of replays on TV. 

Another thing which refs constantly receive criticism for is the offside rule and forward passes. In both these cases I can guarantee 90% of the time that it is the fans who have got it wrong! 

Ever since I started watching the game, refs have discriminated against my club and favouring whoever we are playing. Letting offsides, forward passes and knock-ons go. Denying us cast iron tries, missing high tackles etc. Did it when I watched Swinton 1957 to 1964, and do it now against Wigan.

However, when I have the opportunity to review the decisions through recorded games and slo-mo replays, surprise surprise - It is actually always me that is wrong (something my wife say's I'm good at!)

These guys are trained, experienced, monitored, reviewed. They get feedback from the clubs I think, feedback that I reckon will be better. informed that the feedback they might get on here.

That's it JohnM you are the problem! That's good, I thought it was me. 

Archived