Swinton again.

graham fisher

Swinton again this week,they’ll come with a lot of confidence having snatched a win in the last minute,whereas we seem to be low on confidence besides many other things. I’d put the strongest possible team out whatever that is as we need a win badly as we have Rochdale coming up next week.

I’m going for a win.

Rams 20

Swinton 18

FTS Ryder 

MOM Sam Day

ATT 526

Rams 28 - 14 Lions

FTS: Gabriel

Att: 444

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Dewsbury's very own HWD Hospital Radio have the 1895 cup action this Sunday as the Rams take on Swinton Lions at the Tetley Stadium - and you can listen LIVE!

Join Martin Sharpe & Rob Farrar for "Afternoon Delight" from 2pm with all the big game build up and then listen to game commentary in full from 3pm on "Rugby League Live" ?

Select this link.. http://ow.ly/jLwd50uuoHm and click on play to Listen Live!

Why not join in the banter and get a mention on the "Chat Box" during the game.

Rugby League Live on HWD Radio - It's just like being there

HWD Listen_image.jpg

I’m not confident we’ll have learnt the lessons from recent games which means I can see yet another defeat (we are poorer at home than away) and I don’t yet know what our squad might be (does it matter though?).

I’m sure Stuart Littler’s style of (niggling from his playing days) coaching will have a detrimental influence again for us in this encounter  

Dewsbury 20-28 Swinton 

FTS: Day

MoM: Iggy

Att: 533

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 01/06/2019 at 11:26, graham fisher said:

Much better going forward today..

Thought Lewis Heckford did well as did all the change players.  

Pleased with Joe Martin who looked very solid and Toby Richardson and Fraser Morris also showed plenty of promise...If only we'd have thrown the ball about last week like we did the second half today..

Bit more optimistic for next week now..

I had to search around for your final score . well done Dewsbury, the BBC are just ignoring the 1895 results

here's the rest.

Image10.jpg

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Well we won and it was good to see Jodie Sherriffe and Toby Richardson playing well. But still littered with errors and penalties. In the last 20 minutes we showed some spirit and well done  to Dale Morton for creating two tries. Sam Day turned in a great 80 minutes despite being targeted relentlessly on defence. But even at 38-20 with 12 mins to go I wasn't confident of winning. Hopefully we will be good enough to beat Rochdale next week

5 hours ago, NickD said:

Pleased with Joe Martin who looked very solid and Toby Richardson and Fraser Morris also showed plenty of promise...If only we'd have thrown the ball about last week like we did the second 

Are Joe Martin and Morris permanent signings or loans ? 

I know with the massive turn over of players it would be difficult but it would be good if the club kept ya up to date on these things. 

9 hours ago, SheffieldRam said:

Are Joe Martin and Morris permanent signings or loans ? 

I know with the massive turn over of players it would be difficult but it would be good if the club kept ya up to date on these things. 

Indeed.
I believe that they are both signings - Morris from Halifax and Martin from the amateur game, but don't take this as gospel: it is just based upon spectator chatter.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well we carved out a victory at last, but I was constantly waiting for us to give in and see Swinton get their noses in front. Thankfully that didn’t happen and managed to pull away a bit and were the better of two poor sides.

I thought our debutants did well, with Joe Martin at full back looking solid on defence and keen to run the ball. It was pleasing to see Martyn Reilly return to fitness and play and Toby Richardson get another chance. 

Sam Day was selected as MoM; I can agree with that, but I was concerned about some of his passing - to the ground a number of times, which I understand he also did last week.

Heckford was given another go, did nothing wrong and took his try scoring chance nicely.

Next week against Rochdale it would be good to see us play good rugby and cut out the poor passing and ensure we cover the ball in the tackle.

Yesterday we lost the penalty count again. Carry on like that and the better teams will capitalise on that and put us to the sword, especially with the Toronto fixture coming very soon.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Agree about Sam Day's passing, but he did a mountain of defensive work as the Swinton forwards targeted him through the whole game and he played the full 80, ran well and scored a couple of tries. But against better oposition, we can't avoid these simple errors. Ward has one more game of his ban, so will take the pressure off Sam Day.

A win against Swinton ,who play some good stuff. The usual brave play from Sam Day and Heckford did well.

The RFL Trying to con the public with this comp. and you get a crowd of 400. No doubt another loss for the club. 

At the moment we are heading for champ 1 and  may be facing Keighley with a 70 year old ex. coach, Phil Larder.

Cougar mania was a brilliant success but destroyed by sl.

Archived