Valley Parade

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:11, Clogiron said:

I wonder where Leon would rate Manningham against Bondi and Blackpool????

You can get a decent curry there.  Sheesh Mahal on Westgate is the best!

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, M j M said:

Elland Road should only be used for big internationals and that due to its unique capacity/location mix. It's a terrible stadium and paradoxically awful to get to.

It's not awful to get to at all. I've always found it pretty easy and it's a fairly short walk from the City centre too.

The Bulls (Northern) had the chance to move to the far superior Park Avenue ground when Bradford P A folded, and chose to stick with Odsal.  God knows why.  They could never fill it.  And I doubt even the most affluent RL club could keep up to it.  Parking is rotten too.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

12 hours ago, M j M said:

Elland Road should only be used for big internationals and that due to its unique capacity/location mix. It's a terrible stadium and paradoxically awful to get to.

As you know there is talk in the city of a Qatari take over and they are " Minted" yes weve heard it all before lol, but if ER were to be redeveloped once they get up .maybe even magic could come to a rugby league city

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

I thought the original purpose of the Magic Weekend was to spread the game into new areas.  I thought South Wales a good idea, also Newcastle.  Personally I couldn't see the point of the Etihad or Anfield.  I could see the point of Hillsborough or Bramhall Lane, Kingpower Stadium or Trent Bridge.  I can't see the point of playing it at either Headingley or Elland Road.  The game's HQ is in Leeds for gods sake.

Clement Attlee.

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I thought the original purpose of the Magic Weekend was to spread the game into new areas.  I thought South Wales a good idea, also Newcastle.  Personally I couldn't see the point of the Etihad or Anfield.  I could see the point of Hillsborough or Bramhall Lane, Kingpower Stadium or Trent Bridge.  I can't see the point of playing it at either Headingley or Elland Road.  The game's HQ is in Leeds for gods sake.

That wasn't its purpose. It was just an additional bonus.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Damien said:

It was definitely stated at the start that it was one of its purposes.

That's what I thought.  It was played in Cardiff to help Celtic Crusaders launch.  But was only there a couple of years IIRC. Not much help to  CC in  the end. 

I suppose we should have known. A mate of mine went to the first one. He  went to watch CC play Fev the night before too.  Good crowd on he said.  But mainly SL fans down for the Magic Weekend, very few from Wales.  He said the same of the Magic Weekend crowd.  I used to do business with a guy at Pyle, a village in Bridgend.  I mentioned the first one to him, he was totally unaware it was happening.  Having said that I used to work for a company at Birtley Co Durham, and the guys there were very aware of the games at St James's, some of them even went.  So who knows.

Clement Attlee.

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

That's what I thought.  It was played in Cardiff to help Celtic Crusaders launch.  But was only there a couple of years IIRC. Not much help to  CC in  the end. 

I suppose we should have known. A mate of mine went to the first one. He  went to watch CC play Fev the night before too.  Good crowd on he said.  But mainly SL fans down for the Magic Weekend, very few from Wales.  He said the same of the Magic Weekend crowd.  I used to do business with a guy at Pyle, a village in Bridgend.  I mentioned the first one to him, he was totally unaware it was happening.  Having said that I used to work for a company at Birtley Co Durham, and the guys there were very aware of the games at St James's, some of them even went.  So who knows.

No, it wasn't. The Millennium Stadium approached the RFL and suggested the event and (I think alongside the Welsh Government) paid a hosting fee. After a couple of years fans started complaining about the price of hotels, etc and the RFL decided to relocate it.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

19 hours ago, nadera78 said:

No, it wasn't. The Millennium Stadium approached the RFL and suggested the event and (I think alongside the Welsh Government) paid a hosting fee. After a couple of years fans started complaining about the price of hotels, etc and the RFL decided to relocate it.

Stop with all these facts can't you? This is a RL forum.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived