Jo Cox Memorial Game

Batley Bob

Can I suggest you put these details on the Dewsbury forum as well ??    We're in TORONTO that weekend so, hopefully, a number of RAMS fans will get their Rugby 'fix' at what is a very worthwhile and notable event........ I've attended the last two (as well as other Batley games as part of the Season Ticket agreement) and found them extremely well organised with a unique atmosphere.......... Go on -- We're not all bad over't hill ?

Well, we could always try and convert them..............(.ok, you all know the punchline).........by kicking them over the crossbar.  

Ok, sorry, I know,  not the right attitude for the Joe Cox Memorial game!  More in common etc.   It would be good to see Rams fans at The Mount for this game.

To be fair, I think even the Dewsbury faithful will be rooting for us against the Eagles. I know I certainly would, if the boot was on the other foot, or at least hoping for a no score draw, the nearest we could get to both teams losing.?

If nothing else, I think we at least have a dislike for Sheffield in common.

4 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Can I suggest you put these details on the Dewsbury forum as well ??    We're in TORONTO that weekend so, hopefully, a number of RAMS fans will get their Rugby 'fix' at what is a very worthwhile and notable event........ I've attended the last two (as well as other Batley games as part of the Season Ticket agreement) and found them extremely well organised with a unique atmosphere.......... Go on -- We're not all bad over't hill ?

Done

IMG_0583.JPG

13 hours ago, coolie said:

I'll be making one in to support the event

And I should imagine a few more Rams will be there.

That word "FREE" is like catnip to some isn't it?

?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Shams shirts amnesty

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Welcome to Jack Smith and touch judges as well always well controlled by Hack, will we get him again on Armed Forces Day, Usually do.

Sadly Mr Smith's competence as a ref has been poor in recent times

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

46 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Sadly Mr Smith's competence as a ref has been poor in recent times

Until you watch the video and find that the ref was right, all along.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

In most cases I'd agree, I've reigned in my criticism after watching a few of the BISSA dvds and listening to the official converse. However Mr Smith looked very good to start with his officiating has gone backwards in my opinion. Let's hope he has a good game too Sunday

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

7 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

He wasn't "right all along" for the Igbinedion obstruction at the bash last year. Sadly, that was not an isolated incident either. 

I don't particularly want anything giving to us, other than fairness. As yet, over the numerous times he has refereed us, we haven't even had the benefit of the 70/30's in our favour, never mind the 50/50's.

Our only hope is for him to be substituted at the last minute.

Archived