heritage numbers

tms

In what context is heritage used here? What has the person inherited?  Is it the latest player to come in from another team meaning he has inherited a place in our team? We loaned OUT during the war years as miners were in an exempt trade and lots of other teams players were called up.

41 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

In what context is heritage used here? What has the person inherited?  Is it the latest player to come in from another team meaning he has inherited a place in our team? We loaned OUT during the war years as miners were in an exempt trade and lots of other teams players were called up.

Colin I’d have thought you would be aware of how the heritage system works!!!

Im Fev and im proud

4 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

Colin I’d have thought you would be aware of how the heritage system works!!!

Hi Mo,

Just had my 85th might be an senior moment. Regards.

49 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Hi Mo,

Just had my 85th might be an senior moment. Regards.

I was not sure also so you are not on your own.Three players i played with have Heritage numbers at Fax but we had another three who played a few first team matches for them and they are not listed.Players with Heritage numbers Bruce Burton (stand off and man of match when Cas beat us in the 1977 Yorkshire Cup Final)Richard Turner (winger and Yorkshire Amateur)And Stuart Musgrave (second row loose forward +good kicker goal and field not big but never took a backward step.Other 3 were Jack and Jimmy Allott second row and hooker,and Terence Burch second row with pace and very good tackler round the scotch pegs,who emigrated to Australia.

Fevnut will be able to answer any queries has it’s him that supplies the heritage numbers, I’ve got my Dads heritage number framed by Fevnut 

Im Fev and im proud

22 hours ago, POR said:

fevnut wrote

Last week on-loan local lad Dale Ferguson earned Feathertone Rovers heritage number 1,100

so out of interest who was :

number 1

number 100

number 1000

number 1 Ernie Barraclough (purely by alphabetical order). Those who played in our first match against Bradford in 1921 were the first 13 heritage numbers

number 100: Fred Barraclough (coincidentally Ernie's brother!) in April 1931

number 1000: Kyle Trout in May 2014

13 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I was not sure also so you are not on your own.Three players i played with have Heritage numbers at Fax but we had another three who played a few first team matches for them and they are not listed.Players with Heritage numbers Bruce Burton (stand off and man of match when Cas beat us in the 1977 Yorkshire Cup Final)Richard Turner (winger and Yorkshire Amateur)And Stuart Musgrave (second row loose forward +good kicker goal and field not big but never took a backward step.Other 3 were Jack and Jimmy Allott second row and hooker,and Terence Burch second row with pace and very good tackler round the scotch pegs,who emigrated to Australia.

I know the Halifax numbering system works the same as Fev's, and indeed all other clubs. It should cover eveyone who has played first team rugby in chronological order. Of course, mistakes can be made with such a mammoth project.

A teamers who never played a first team game don't count.

If you've spotted an error, Im sure Halifax would like to hear from you.

Many different people, including some on here, have assisted us with info about Fev players over the years.

26 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

number 1 Ernie Barraclough (purely by alphabetical order). Those who played in our first match against Bradford in 1921 were the first 13 heritage numbers

number 100: Fred Barraclough (coincidentally Ernie's brother!) in April 1931

number 1000: Kyle Trout in May 2014

cheers mark  interesting to note  that from may 2014 to may 2019 we have had 100 new players 

1 minute ago, hrtbps said:

In essence, yes. Just to see what the trend has been like for how many new players we've added each season during our history. 

Righto. Yes, that's an interesting stat. I'll dig that out and post it here so we can see what it looks like. As POR pointed out the last few years have seen a glut of new players.

20 hours ago, hrtbps said:

I'd be interested in seeing a line graph showing the highest heritage number reached at the end of each season.

Much too much data to produce a line graph but if you send me your email address to fevblog452@gmail.com I can send you a spreadsheet showing season, highest Heritage Number in each season and the number of new players in each season.

Archived