1895 final

Keep The Faith

29 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

http://theseladscanrunfor80mins.blogspot.com/2019/05/sundays-coming-1895-cup.html

gives this a read seems making Wembley will cost the clubs money on transport etc and will make nothing back on the crowd 

Did anybody think the outcome would be anything different?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The best outcome would be to get to Wembley and win the trophy, cannot be any more expensive than last season's trip to Toronto for a run of the mill league match. It would be a fine occasion, especially if more joined the pink walk pre match.

Got a sponsor now, think it's Derek Beaumont's  decking business. (best to avoid Leigh ?).

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

What I wouldn't give to see Batley win at Wembley..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

13 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

What I wouldn't give to see Batley win at Wembley..

A unicorn, maybe?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, BatleyBird said:

Poses a potential dilemma for the cricket fans amongst us, as it's the same weekend as the 3rd Ashes test at Headingley

True, but would only be one day, there will always be another ashes test day! 

p.s. Would you like to speak to my wife about the virtues of sport?

4 hours ago, distantdog said:

Could be an issue for Mr Mrs Virr. Mr V might be scoring in that one. Whoops.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

I think that you should order a bus, just in case.

From the LNER Web Site:

August bank holiday weekend

Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 August 2019

Severe disruption is planned for these dates, customers are advised not to travel.

• Customers are advised to travel on the Thursday, Friday and Tuesday for this weekend.

17 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I think that you should order a bus, just in case.

We'd need more than "a" bus BSJ

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 hours ago, distantdog said:

Yes, but I've already got the Ashes tickets! ??‍♀️. Haha, send her my way, I'll have a word ?

3 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

Yes, but I've already got the Ashes tickets! ??‍♀️. Haha, send her my way, I'll have a word ?

Lucky you, or rather well organised you!

I have reassessed my view on you talking to my wife. I rather enjoy my afternoons at the Mount or my days sat watching cricket! But thanks for the offer anyway!

1 minute ago, distantdog said:

Lucky you, or rather well organised you!

I have reassessed my view on you talking to my wife. I rather enjoy my afternoons at the Mount or my days sat watching cricket! But thanks for the offer anyway!

Wise choice 

5 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

Wise choice 

Oh I think so!! I used to feel guilty for years leaving every Sunday to spend it surrounded by the intelligensia at the Mount, until she revealed she quite liked me going as she got control of the tv and the house seemed so much larger!

2 hours ago, BatleyBird said:

There’s 5 days of test match , one day at Wembley , we haven’t played at Wembley in 139 years of existence

IMG_0583.JPG

6 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

There’s 5 days of test match , one day at Wembley , we haven’t played at Wembley in 139 years of existence

I know that, but Ashes tickets are like gold dust and I've got tickets for the Saturday. It's the third test, hopefully the one where we smash the Aussies to lift the little urn. Total dilemma if it comes to it, but it would be very hard to turn down Wembley. 

13 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

I know the 1895 game is after the main event.But how much time will elapse between the two games?

This could determine how many stay on for the second game.

5.30 kick off i’d say 45 minutes between games at tops 

I doubt many will stay due to transport 

Archived