Tim Sheens

paul

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fingers crossed James isn’t about to go. Can’t blame HKR for sniffing around saying that. Fordy has everything in his locker to be a top coach in SL. 

Just hoping with Justin Morgan just arrived back in the UK that it might be him. Not that I would ever begrudge James moving on after the loyalty and his commitment to the Knights. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

If Fordy does decide to go which is his decision. I would be knocking on the door of Richard Marshall ex Halifax coach asap. Fordy has got to make the decision of does he want to leave a job where he is respected and treated well to one he wont have control of. Danny Maguire will be head of recruitment next year there. The pressure is always on a club like KR to fight off relegation whilst at York you can coast a bit depends what he wants 

23 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

If Fordy does decide to go which is his decision. I would be knocking on the door of Richard Marshall ex Halifax coach asap. Fordy has got to make the decision of does he want to leave a job where he is respected and treated well to one he wont have control of. Danny Maguire will be head of recruitment next year there. The pressure is always on a club like KR to fight off relegation whilst at York you can coast a bit depends what he wants 

No coasting at the kneets!!!!! Not in the mindset. Kaizen if anything....

1 hour ago, TheYoungBaron said:

No coasting at the kneets!!!!! Not in the mindset. Kaizen if anything....

Coast in the sense super league won't be attempted for at least a few seasons until we have a reserve grade, a full time 1st team and probably got academy/under 19s in place which will take alot of financial backing and squad change. Fordy hasnt ever coached a full time team that would be a challenge and its whether he wants to wait its still work in progress a long time off finished product yet. His CV would read better taking a full time York team into super league rather than keeping a KR in the bottom 2 or 3 

Not looking good, big photo in the Hull daily mail of Fordy saying he is top of their wanted list and he has apparently a buy out clause in his contract should he be approached by a S.l. club ? think its time the club and J.F. made a statement of clarification can't be good for our player's wondering if they have a coach or not and not good for  us supporters 

Have to say I’d be extremely disappointed if he goes mid season but suppose I couldn’t blame him. Has benny or Tim got a coaching badge

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

This is what it says in the Hull  Daily Mail:-

"York City Knights head coach James Ford is believed to be at the top of KR’s list of targets and while under a long-term contract, sources in York have suggested Ford does have a buyout clause should a Super League club come in for him.

Prising Ford away from York at this stage of the season, or even throwing a coach with no Super League experience into a relegation battle may be seen as too much of a risk right now, with an experienced short-term option certainly a possibility for the rest of the season."

Hopefully, (for us). they'll take the second option and we can carry on as normal.

For me it depends on how big the buy out clause is. Fordy is under contract so if KR want him they have to pay a fee which if we play our cards right and sign an appropriate coach to replace (plenty out there) we could be bringing in some good players with the money. It could be just paper talk because he is doing well, its difficult at this stage of the season to gauge success. He has achieved what the club wanted which was staying in the championship. As for league position as its so tight 3rd (us) and 8th (Halifax) are separated by 4 points. I dont blame him if he decided to take the job on but although super league I honestly don't see what you are going to gain from going there. The KR fans on twitter have already said the club haven't invested and made Tim Sheens a scapegoat, not what you want from your 1st super league role easy pickings to be thrown under a bus. 

Archived