Bradford away

Batley Bob

Must say am a little surprised at the way Bulls {more so} and Halifax treated the 1895 Cup. Bulls are out of the CC, Halifax will be, both therefore are pinning hopes on the top 5. One of them I expect to miss out, but with that being their aim then one of them AT LEAST has done their players out the opportunity to play in a Cup Final at Wembley, both clubs would have been well up in the betting to win it, now it looks a 3 horse race between us, Fev and York dependent on the draw.

12 minutes ago, phildog said:

Must say am a little surprised at the way Bulls {more so} and Halifax treated the 1895 Cup. Bulls are out of the CC, Halifax will be, both therefore are pinning hopes on the top 5. One of them I expect to miss out, but with that being their aim then one of them AT LEAST has done their players out the opportunity to play in a Cup Final at Wembley, both clubs would have been well up in the betting to win it, now it looks a 3 horse race between us, Fev and York dependent on the draw.

I can honestly understand why clubs are not too bothered about it. No prize money, a recycled trophy and the guarantee of losing money should you reach the final, and the ground will be empty once the game kicks off.

The higher up the league you finish, the more money from central funding. Therefore, the league has to be a priority. In the Challenge Cup, there is the history, prize money and national tv coverage. It is a no brainer. 

I'm usually not much of a betting man, but I'd have a £20 bet with you that Fev don't reach the final Phil.

5 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I can honestly understand why clubs are not too bothered about it. No prize money, a recycled trophy and the guarantee of losing money should you reach the final, and the ground will be empty once the game kicks off.

The higher up the league you finish, the more money from central funding. Therefore, the league has to be a priority. In the Challenge Cup, there is the history, prize money and national tv coverage. It is a no brainer. 

I'm usually not much of a betting man, but I'd have a £20 bet with you that Fev don't reach the final Phil.

The central funding isn’t down to league positions this year i’m Sure I’ve seen it’s down to social media and our league app etc too which is why Halifax will be laughing with a semi final place in the challenge cup 

7 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

The central funding isn’t down to league positions this year i’m Sure I’ve seen it’s down to social media and our league app etc too which is why Halifax will be laughing with a semi final place in the challenge cup 

CC and the 1895 trophy are quite different in terms of reward and importance. The RFL have made great emhasis in recent years on duty of care to players, and quite rightly so in my view. Respecting such duties towards your players conflicts considerably with asking them to play three games in eight days, and this is even more so for part-time players. I fully understand both the Bradford and Halifax clubs taking this stance.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

It is like most things the rfl touch, clear as mud. You might be correct, the way I had read the central funding debacle was, it will be decided based upon a mixture of factors, attendance growth (hence all clubs inflating attendances), social media presence and league position. 

I assumed this was ensure the rfl could pay what they want, to who they want from the crumbs left over from SL. 

However, I am very cynical, so maybe it will be a fair process and the teams that sided with the RFL and SL won't be looked after better than those that voted against it. 

I look forward to the feeling of amazement by the share we get after the shrewd and talismanic Ralph (smooth as sandpaper) Rimmer has worked his magic on Elstone and Lenigan Et al.

7 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

It is like most things the rfl touch, clear as mud. You might be correct, the way I had read the central funding debacle was, it will be decided based upon a mixture of factors, attendance growth (hence all clubs inflating attendances), social media presence and league position. 

I assumed this was ensure the rfl could pay what they want, to who they want from the crumbs left over from SL. 

However, I am very cynical, so maybe it will be a fair process and the teams that sided with the RFL and SL won't be looked after better than those that voted against it. 

I look forward to the feeling of amazement by the share we get after the shrewd and talismanic Ralph (smooth as sandpaper) Rimmer has worked his magic on Elstone and Lenigan Et al.

The amount for distribution amongst the non-SL clubs will remain unchanged as it is defined within the broadcast contract. SL tried to make out that they were going to magnanimously continue whereas they have no choice. It is how the relative shares from that distribution are calculated that is changing. This is driven, of course, by the fact that there is no longer any justification for the top four getting massively more than the rest, due to the fact that the eights are no longer in play, so a new formula was required. All of the clubs agreed that this shouldn't be based simply upon league position but should reflect some semblance of value for money; the factors that you cite are identified as just some that can be used to determine this value. Of those, the absolute attendance figures are not a simple criterion but the growth or otherwise of such attendances are. What weight they will carry are as yet unclear.

Toronto do not receive any of the distribution money so, if they were to rise in rapture to SL, the monies available will be shared more thinly amongst the remainder, there being one more club receiving their share.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The amount for distribution amongst the non-SL clubs will remain unchanged as it is defined within the broadcast contract. SL tried to make out that they were going to magnanimously continue whereas they have no choice. It is how the relative shares from that distribution are calculated that is changing. This is driven, of course, by the fact that there is no longer any justification for the top four getting massively more than the rest, due to the fact that the eights are no longer in play, so a new formula was required. All of the clubs agreed that this shouldn't be based simply upon league position but should reflect some semblance of value for money; the factors that you cite are identified as just some that can be used to determine this value. Of those, the absolute attendance figures are not a simple criterion but the growth or otherwise of such attendances are. What weight they will carry are as yet unclear.

Toronto do not receive any of the distribution money so, if they were to rise in rapture to SL, the monies available will be shared more thinly amongst the remainder, there being one more club receiving their share.

Sorry BSJ i should have been clearer, by crumbs, I meant the Championship's share of central funding. Once they can remove the funding, I cannot see any of the lower league teams getting anything. That is why a TV deal of our own is so badly needed. 

12 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Sorry BSJ i should have been clearer, by crumbs, I meant the Championship's share of central funding. Once they can remove the funding, I cannot see any of the lower league teams getting anything. That is why a TV deal of our own is so badly needed. 

4 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Agreed. The situation for all non-SL clubs after 2021 is critical, and probably terminal for some.

The "M" word is starting to raise its head once again.

Somebody enlighten me PLEASE!! Am I right in thinking that when we had Reiss on loan/DR last season he came from Bradford but then went elsewhere at the end of the season? So who is his current parent club, and was it him who was in Bradford's 1895 midweek squad? Confused....

Archived