Bradford away

Batley Bob

7 minutes ago, phildog said:

Somebody enlighten me PLEASE!! Am I right in thinking that when we had Reiss on loan/DR last season he came from Bradford but then went elsewhere at the end of the season? So who is his current parent club, and was it him who was in Bradford's 1895 midweek squad? Confused....

His current parent club are Huddersfield.

No it was not him in Bradford's squad in midweek, it was his brother Ryan I believe. I think this was covered earlier in the week. Apologies if it wasn't.

7 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Agreed. The situation for all non-SL clubs after 2021 is critical, and probably terminal for some.

The "M" word is starting to raise its head once again.

You are right BSJ, the Bradford owner mentioned it a couple of weeks ago in his weekly press report. He was commenting on how the make up of the league/divisions might look if/when these additional clubs join the rfl.

Sounded lacklustre on wireless. Lots of mentions of tomlinson not much else. Gledders just loose his rag?

25£ safe in wallet

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Ugh.. that was awful. Bad enough you have to pay £25 to get into a ground that has no shelter when raining, but you have to watch that drivel from two teams and officials! 

Bradford were better defensively and we never threatened and don't get me started on our kicking game!!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

That was a very poor game between two poor teams, neither side looked up for it. Someone put on Facebook at half time that we were playing well, they must have been watching a different game to me. Bulls were there for the talking, they'd have been well beaten by a Fev or a Fax on their day. We just weren't on ours. Onto next week. 

Whilst saving my £25, did we not even have a shot at goal via penalties please. How long is it since Batley have been nilled in a game.

And is the kicker joufrett Dom or scotty

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

For conversions and penalties it's been Scott and recently Jouffret, I have not noticed Dom having a crack at goal, nobody has dropped a goal either.

57 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Whilst saving my £25, did we not even have a shot at goal via penalties please. How long is it since Batley have been nilled in a game.

Didn’t have any penalties in kicking distance until near the end when it would have been pointless taking them  

Was not a good game at all. 

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Agree with most a very poor game conditions didn't help we couldn't keep hold of the ball. 

Both teams kicked poor I did think we took are tries well good quick hands. We defended well but Batley never really threw anything at us. Like it's been said still don't think Batley would go over the line now. 

Very odd with gledhill lost his head basically chased minichella then the ref sin binned him but gave Batley the penalty. Which I didn't understand. 

If someone said 16-0 before the game I'd snapped there hand of I expected a back and fourth game both taking the lead a couple times and us nicking it.

glad we got the other 2 tries for so long I expected to finish 4-0.

Minichella was all over Gledhill on the floor but the ref did nothing so Gledhill got up and went after him. I thought the bulls defence was well organised and other than the second bulls try been knocked forward I have no issue with the bulls win as the best team did deserve the two points, but my it was dull

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

59 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Minichella was all over Gledhill on the floor but the ref did nothing so Gledhill got up and went after him. I thought the bulls defence was well organised and other than the second bulls try been knocked forward I have no issue with the bulls win as the best team did deserve the two points, but my it was dull

That was all game by both teams he didn't do anything all game the ref he wasn't going to 77th minute. 

Law of the game ain't that a bulls penalty for the reaction then?

10-0 would of been fair we wasn't 16 points better of.

that was are first league win since Rochdale in April. Leigh away next who seem to be on fire ATM could see another fev score coming. They've lost one in the last 7 Toulouse away.

That was the worst match I have had the displeasure of watching, there was not one stand out player on either side, the officials were of the same standard and if Batley were still playing now I doubt if they would of got over the line. Yes some players put the effort in but the variations from the half backs was nil, kicking game at best poor even the four kick offs were predictable. 

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

A top tip for next time we play at Odsal.

Get 3 of you together and go to the ticket office (can do it on game day) and ask for a tri-pass. That is 3 tickets and the cost is £60. A saving of £15 between you.

Thanks to the lads who tipped us off and joined us to do it.

As for the match, forget it. 

Archived