Wed 5th June : The 1895 Cup 2nd Round Fixture Thread

Discuss the remaining 2nd round games in the 1895 Cup here :

Barrow Raiders v Bradford Bulls

Halifax RLFC v Sheffield Eagles

Widnes Vikings v Featherstone Rovers.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• John Drake pinned this topic
  • ckn unpinned and pinned this topic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I hope we win as we have put our full 2nd team out.

Best way to treat this comp IMHO. We've got a couple of reserves, a few DR, but mostly first teamers. Could come back to bite us in the @ rse if we pick up an injury or two.  

11 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

I hope we lose, and all our playoff rivals win.

4 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

Best way to treat this comp IMHO. We've got a couple of reserves, a few DR, but mostly first teamers. Could come back to bite us in the @ rse if we pick up an injury or two.  

I hope we win and I don't care what our playoff rivals do. One step closer to Wembley.

Injuries can be picked up at anytime so this game is just like any other. We managed to play 2 good games over the Easter period, this is no different. 

17 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

I hope we win and I don't care what our playoff rivals do. One step closer to Wembley.

Injuries can be picked up at anytime so this game is just like any other. We managed to play 2 good games over the Easter period, this is no different. 

I'm all for seeing us play at Wembley, but to an empty stadium after everyone's gone home?

4 hours ago, hrtbps said:

I'm all for seeing us play at Wembley, but to an empty stadium after everyone's gone home?

Try telling that to the players. I am sure they would all love to play at Wembley, whatever the circumstances. Dome great players down the years would have given anything to do it.

Bradford's youngest ever team, ten players on debut.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

7 minutes ago, Bearman said:

. In my opinion Jono Smith was Mom but Dally had a masterclass.

Agree with that. 

Really enjoyed the match and Barrow win. 

Missed the last few minutes.  My lad said the timing went awry.  The clock ended on 85 minutes?

34 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

Agree with that. 

Really enjoyed the match and Barrow win. 

Missed the last few minutes.  My lad said the timing went awry.  The clock ended on 85 minutes?

The clock on RL streams starts at the kick off and runs continuously, it does not stop when the ref calls "time off" for injuries etc as it does on the BBC and Sky Broadcasts so it will always be longer than the 40min mark.

Decent first half by the baby Bulls this evening. The (well deserved) 'hair dryer' from the Barrow coach at half-time, turned it into the inevitable men vs boys blowout after the break.

But it was good to see that the conveyor belt of young talent coming through at the Bulls appears to be in good health. Some of those lads will be regular first team players before long.

1 minute ago, paulwalker71 said:

Decent first half by the baby Bulls

Bullocks? ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 hours ago, Bartholemew Smythe said:

Good commentary from Dave Parkinson as well.

Yes and I liked Leon Pryce as a summariser too.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Dave Parkinson used to be the voice behind Leighs matches for years.He also does WDGH radio and probably covers the Wire matches via that platform.Very knowledgable and makes the commentary enjoyable. Echo the sentiments about Leon Pryce,he was also good.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

Archived