Fri 7th June : SL : Wakefield Trinity v Leeds Rhinos KO 7:45pm Sky TV

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Leeds Rhinos

Discuss the SL fixture between Wakefied Trinity and Leeds Rhinos here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• John Drake pinned this topic
  • ckn unpinned and pinned this topic

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

The perfect fixture for wakey to get back on the horse. The Rhinos are a basket case at the minute and we are getting players back every week. Wakey by 13.

Leeds got back on their horse last week by beating the team that beat us the week before.  I see a bit of up turn in form at Leeds whilst Wakey continue their loosing run. Leeds by a narrow couple of points I think.

Funny one to call this one . There will be so e Leeds players who know their future is limited and players thinking " I wonder if I'm on the hitlist for the boot?" It will be interesting to see if they show a bit of character for a change.  Wakey by 10 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

I can't call this one at all, will Watkins announcing his departure have a positive effect? it could be a weight off his shoulders and play well for the rest of the season?

Will the news dishearten some of the other squad members knowing they could be next or will it surely them on to prove they are worth keeping?

Jack Walker has just signed for another 5 years which is clear intention that youth is the future for Leeds, who knows but after not going to a game for a few weeks I'm looking forward to it either way.

26 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

I’m not confident but then again I never am.  Not been playing well lately plenty of injuries and Leeds have had extra week and will surely be targeting this match,

Yeah, like we targeted the two London games? 

Should get better odds on a Leeds win than those on offer last weekend for Saints though.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

8 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

It's an odd one, wakefield have been shipping huge numbers of points in recent weeks and have looked waaaaaay off the pace and the last game was pretty close.

Leeds will hope to have turned a corner a bit, finally winning a close one will hopefully give them confidence, they are clearly a confidence side but go from looking quite comfortable and pretty good to absolutely atrocious in the same half never mind same game. 

I wouldnt be surprised if Leeds click and put in an 80min performance and win comfortably, wouldn't be surprised if we carry on being rocks and diamonds and build up a big lead just to throw it away, wouldnt be surprised if we managed to hold on, wouldnt be surprised if, after an important victory last week a few players take their foot off the gas and we take a pasting. 

You mean in one game, the London one was simply a game where nobody defended and whoever scored most won. Let’s not exagerate.

2 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

No I dont.

Wakefield have conceded an average of over 38 points in their last three games, they conceded more  in their last game than against London.

Other than Widnes the last game they conceded less than 20 points was the 5th april

Your right that’s why I’m not confident, we’ve struggled since April.

Up the Trin 

Leeds by ten. An off form (and injury hit) Wakefield will lose again and their promising season will return to lower mid table obscurity. Leeds will pick up a win and to most peoples disappointment will avoid a relegation battle.

Having said that, come on Wakey!

On 06/06/2019 at 15:30, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Yeah, like we targeted the two London games? 

Should get better odds on a Leeds win than those on offer last weekend for Saints though.

Leeds at 6/4 on sky bet looks good value . 

Archived