Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

Fri 7th June : SL : Wakefield Trinity v Leeds Rhinos KO 7:45pm Sky TV

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Wakefield Trinity
      26
    • Leeds Rhinos
      14


Recommended Posts

Discuss the SL fixture between Wakefied Trinity and Leeds Rhinos here.


         SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

         SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

         SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

 

                                                                      All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

The perfect fixture for wakey to get back on the horse. The Rhinos are a basket case at the minute and we are getting players back every week. Wakey by 13.

Leeds got back on their horse last week by beating the team that beat us the week before.  I see a bit of up turn in form at Leeds whilst Wakey continue their loosing run. Leeds by a narrow couple of points I think.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny one to call this one . There will be so e Leeds players who know their future is limited and players thinking " I wonder if I'm on the hitlist for the boot?" It will be interesting to see if they show a bit of character for a change.  Wakey by 10 


 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an odd one, wakefield have been shipping huge numbers of points in recent weeks and have looked waaaaaay off the pace and the last game was pretty close.

Leeds will hope to have turned a corner a bit, finally winning a close one will hopefully give them confidence, they are clearly a confidence side but go from looking quite comfortable and pretty good to absolutely atrocious in the same half never mind same game. 

I wouldnt be surprised if Leeds click and put in an 80min performance and win comfortably, wouldn't be surprised if we carry on being rocks and diamonds and build up a big lead just to throw it away, wouldnt be surprised if we managed to hold on, wouldnt be surprised if, after an important victory last week a few players take their foot off the gas and we take a pasting. 

Edited by scotchy1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't call this one at all, will Watkins announcing his departure have a positive effect? it could be a weight off his shoulders and play well for the rest of the season?

 

Will the news dishearten some of the other squad members knowing they could be next or will it surely them on to prove they are worth keeping?

 

Jack Walker has just signed for another 5 years which is clear intention that youth is the future for Leeds, who knows but after not going to a game for a few weeks I'm looking forward to it either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

I’m not confident but then again I never am.  Not been playing well lately plenty of injuries and Leeds have had extra week and will surely be targeting this match,

Yeah, like we targeted the two London games? 

Should get better odds on a Leeds win than those on offer last weekend for Saints though.


This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

It's an odd one, wakefield have been shipping huge numbers of points in recent weeks and have looked waaaaaay off the pace and the last game was pretty close.

Leeds will hope to have turned a corner a bit, finally winning a close one will hopefully give them confidence, they are clearly a confidence side but go from looking quite comfortable and pretty good to absolutely atrocious in the same half never mind same game. 

I wouldnt be surprised if Leeds click and put in an 80min performance and win comfortably, wouldn't be surprised if we carry on being rocks and diamonds and build up a big lead just to throw it away, wouldnt be surprised if we managed to hold on, wouldnt be surprised if, after an important victory last week a few players take their foot off the gas and we take a pasting. 

You mean in one game, the London one was simply a game where nobody defended and whoever scored most won. Let’s not exagerate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

You mean in one game, the London one was simply a game where nobody defended and whoever scored most won. Let’s not exagerate.

No I dont.

Wakefield have conceded an average of over 38 points in their last three games, they conceded more  in their last game than against London.

Other than Widnes the last game they conceded less than 20 points was the 5th april

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

No I dont.

Wakefield have conceded an average of over 38 points in their last three games, they conceded more  in their last game than against London.

Other than Widnes the last game they conceded less than 20 points was the 5th april

Your right that’s why I’m not confident, we’ve struggled since April.

Up the Trin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Yeah, like we targeted the two London games? 

Should get better odds on a Leeds win than those on offer last weekend for Saints though.

The two targeted London games changed my expectations from top 5 to just staying up.

Up the Trin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds by ten. An off form (and injury hit) Wakefield will lose again and their promising season will return to lower mid table obscurity. Leeds will pick up a win and to most peoples disappointment will avoid a relegation battle.

 

Having said that, come on Wakey!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2019 at 15:30, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Yeah, like we targeted the two London games? 

Should get better odds on a Leeds win than those on offer last weekend for Saints though.

Leeds at 6/4 on sky bet looks good value . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not confident in this one at all. If it stays as wet as it is here in the Derbyshire Dales I can't see Leeds enjoying a slug fest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...