Sat 8th June : SL : Warrington Wolves v Catalans Dragons KO 3:15pm Sky TV

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Catalans Dragons

Discuss the SL fixture between Warrington Wolves and Catalans Dragons here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• John Drake pinned this topic
  • ckn unpinned and pinned this topic

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolves weakened by some injuries and silly indiscipline, that means we don't have our 1st, 2nd choice fullback and now lose Lineham with no experienced backline cover.   I guess we'll see what Price has in mind but I'd like to see Hughes at centre with Goodwin on the wing.

Hopefully Goodwin won't be distracted, as rumours suggest Warrington turned down Souths attempts to re-sign him with immediate effect.   I'm hoping he won't let it affect his remaining time at the club but he seems the consummate professional so let's see.

Catalans will be desperate to bounce back from that embarrassment at Hull whilst Wire seem to scrape through everything they do.   I'd have to say Cats by 10 points ?

22 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Wolves weakened by some injuries and silly indiscipline, that means we don't have our 1st, 2nd choice fullback and now lose Lineham with no experienced backline cover.   I guess we'll see what Price has in mind but I'd like to see Hughes at centre with Goodwin on the wing.

Hopefully Goodwin won't be distracted, as rumours suggest Warrington turned down Souths attempts to re-sign him with immediate effect.   I'm hoping he won't let it affect his remaining time at the club but he seems the consummate professional so let's see.

Catalans will be desperate to bounce back from that embarrassment at Hull whilst Wire seem to scrape through everything they do.   I'd have to say Cats by 10 points ?

Goodwin certainly didn’t seem too unhappy on Saturday and Souths solved their centre problem at the back end of last week.

57 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Got friends over who want to watch a game and this is the only one on in the northwest so going to this game. Feel dirty already. 

Cats will be in white with a red chevron probably; you can pretend they are another team with a similar kit.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

12 minutes ago, newbe said:

4 weeks on the road for Catalans, cant see them winning this week.

Sadly as a Fan I also agree. I feel Wire even missing a few players are a very tough proposition at home. 

Hull showed last week if a pack can front up to Les Dracs, they have a good chance.

Wire to win by 14pts. Hope I'm wrong. 

7 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Catalans by12,  just to be awkward.

So I'm not the only one with a bad feeling about this then?  (from a Wire perspective of course)...

PS Is the British Ironworks centre still open in Oswestry?

Is this a TV game?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

Is this a TV game?

Yes, on Sky, along with Trinity -v- Rhinos tonight and Lions -v- Wolfpack on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Yes, on Sky, along with Trinity -v- Rhinos tonight and Lions -v- Wolfpack on Sunday.

Thanks, arranging.a meet up with TonyxIII that drops in nicely 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

24 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Thewlis makes debut at fullback (17 year old), and johnson on the wing.

He’s literally JUST turned 17 and up against Gigot.   Hope he rises to the occasion.

I’m in a car on the way back from NCL and it’s miserable here.    Is the weather similar in Cheshire?   Could work in our favour today as we are missing a bit of dry-field strike power...

11 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

He’s literally JUST turned 17 and up against Gigot.   Hope he rises to the occasion.

I’m in a car on the way back from NCL and it’s miserable here.    Is the weather similar in Cheshire?   Could work in our favour today as we are missing a bit of dry-field strike power...

Looks OK on’telly

21 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Just stopped raining, slippery condition but firm surface. On thewlis price could have played safe and put Johnson at fullback and one of the second rows at centre.

Archived