York City Knights v Toulouse Olympique XIII

Sun 9th June :

Bradford Bulls v Batley Bulldogs

Dewsbury Rams v Rochdale Hornets

Leigh Centurions v Halifax RLFC

Sheffield Eagles v Featherstone Rovers

Widnes Vikings v Barrow Raiders

Swinton Lions v Toronto Wolfpack KO 6pm

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• John Drake pinned this topic
  • ckn unpinned and pinned this topic

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Sat 8th June :

York City Knights 22 v 19 Toulouse Olympique XIII

Sun 9th June :

Bradford Bulls 24 v 22 Batley Bulldogs

Dewsbury Rams 38 v 16 Rochdale Hornets

Leigh Centurions 34 v 20 Halifax RLFC

Sheffield Eagles 14 v 32 Featherstone Rovers

Widnes Vikings 38 v 8 Barrow Raiders

Swinton Lions 10 v 48 Toronto Wolfpack KO 6pm

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Discuss this weekend's Betfred Championship fixtures here :

All kick off at 3pm unless stated :

Sat 8th June :

York City Knights v Toulouse Olympique XIII Home Loss

Sun 9th June :

Bradford Bulls v Batley Bulldogs Home Loss

Dewsbury Rams v Rochdale Hornets Home Win

Leigh Centurions v Halifax RLFC Home Win

Sheffield Eagles v Featherstone Rovers Home Loss

Widnes Vikings v Barrow Raiders Home Win

Swinton Lions v Toronto Wolfpack KO 6pm Home Loss

York City Knights v Toulouse Olympique XIII by 14

Bradford Bulls v Batley Bulldogs by 8

Dewsbury Rams v Rochdale Hornets by 4

Leigh Centurions v Halifax RLFC by 12

Sheffield Eagles v Featherstone Rovers by 8

Widnes Vikings v Barrow Raiders by 10

Swinton Lions v Toronto Wolfpack by 30

@Swinton_Lions are advertising a £5 Adult Entry, Free for under 16's, Pre-match entertainment (It's not Kylie, I just hope it's not some pub-warbler gerbil type), Barbeque, and Live Music, for the Toronto treat.

Get down there if your team isn't playing, 18:00BST KO folks.

Swinton by 12

1 hour ago, fairfolly said:

Yes Wolford, but you know absolutely nothing about Rugby League.I have just read an absolutely ridiculous post from you in the local paper. Why you bother going to watch is beyond me.

Yes, but you strike me as a Bulls fan who watches games through rose-tinted blinkers.

I did actually play the game for a good few years and have been watching Bradford since 1975. I played and was team secretary for rugby union teams till I was 43. What's your record like?

We've more fans (= money) and more players than anyone except Toronto and Toulouse. We've lost our last four games to part-timers. We are behind York, Sheffield, Leigh and Featherstone in the table. On results, we are behind Widnes. We have a negative points difference.

Last night, we sent out a team that was on a hiding to nothing. Arguably sending young lads out as cannon fodder. I consider that  Kear did the same with Wales v France last season.

I'm not an Uncle Tom and I don't like Kear's playing style. Full stop. Looking at the body language  after the game on Sunday, I didn't think Andrew Chalmers was overjoyed with it either.

By the sound of your username, I guess you live in Wibsey. If you do, you'll probably have an idea who I am. If my attitude upsets you so much, come and have a chat in one of the pubs. You are old enough to drink in a pub aren't you?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Well I have been watching ,supporting, sponsoring the club since 1950. All you ever post on this site about the club you purport to support is negative,When they win you do not like the style they play,when they lose you gloat and slate the coaching staff. This club has been down in the dumps for more than a decade,gone through administration,been demoted to the bottom League 1 ,now they are trying to rebuild the club in a sensible way and you still are not satisfied.You continually knock John Kear as a coach when anybody with an ounce of common sense knows he is the ideal coach to stabilise the club as both Andrew Chalmers and Graham Lowe know but yet you think you know more than they do.One minute you are screaming for John Kear to blood the youngsters, when he does and they lose you are not happy again.Last night 10 academy players made their debut, 3 more had played 4 0r 5 games between themOne was just coming back from injury,one was recalled from London Scholars.Do you think he should have played the 17 who played last Sunday? The Halifax coach also thought that to play his same 17 last night was unwise and played the full 17 of academy and reserve players,do you think he should not have done that either?I would gamble both these coaches have forgotten more about R.L. than you will ever know.As for meeting you for a drink, no thankyou,I read enough rubbish on here from you than to volunteer to listen to anymore. Amazing ,the vast majority of poster on here support their team,all you do is knock your team,win,you criticise,lose you gloat I told you so.

That'll be the young players he declined to blood in League 1 but can go en masse 2 hours up the motorway on a weekday night for a drubbing from a Championship team.

Quite a few of the fulltime players should have been included on the basis that the club could have got to Wembley in this competition and:

- some of those players would love the chance to play there

- a lot of the fans would love us to get  there

- the RFL would love us to get there

- a trip there would spell cash in the bank.

What is the club going to  earn and what kudos is there for the players if the club fails to make the top 5 in the Championship?

17 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

That'll be the young players he declined to blood in League 1 but can go en masse 2 hours up the motorway on a weekday night for a drubbing from a Championship team.

Quite a few of the fulltime players should have been included on the basis that the club could have got to Wembley in this competition and:

- some of those players would love the chance to play there

- a lot of the fans would love us to get  there

- the RFL would love us to get there

- a trip there would spell cash in the bank.

What is the club going to  earn and what kudos is there for the players if the club fails to make the top 5 in the Championship?

I would question your last point - how would the game generate cash in the bank?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Bradford are a funny one, the have spent Top 4 money yet dont seem to be hitting this heights on the pitch, it almost seems like a strange thing to say after watching them beat my team easily (Leigh) and Leeds but they now seem to be on a downward spiral.

Most teams seem to be finding some mid-season form yet Sheffield & Bradford look the opposite.

I honestly see Sheffield, Bradford & maybe York falling away as the season progresses whilst Fev, Fax, Leigh & Batley seem to be holding their own as seasoned championship campaigners.

5 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I would question your last point - how would the game generate cash in the bank?

TV money, shirt sales, a percentage of the gate receipts dependent on the number of tickets sold and/or commission on tickets sold from the club office. Maybe some commission from corporate hospitality deals. Maybe some new sponsorship for next season.

We'd take 10,000 to Wembley ... though a lot would be going as part of a London weekend.

I will repeat again, John Kear was employed to steady the club and make it sustainable.He had a 5 year brief, 1 Get them promotion from League 1. (Achieved). 2 Make them viable in the Championship, so far he is doing that. 3. Hopefully make them into a S.L. club within 5 years. Who knows whether he will achieve that. I would guess that both Bradford and York will be delighted with the progress they are making. Neither will be promoted,neither will be relegated.York will be playing in a brand new stadium next season, Bradford are blooding many more youngsters from their excellent Academy.I would say therefore are both progressing very well at the moment but who can tell what the future holds for any club never mind just York,Bradford and Sheffield.As for sending a team of academy players up to Barrow and Halifax playing their full academy and reserve players last night I would assume that the coaching staff at both clubs know exactly how to look after their players health and wellbeing.As I have said before Woolford,there is no pleasing you no matter what happens at the Bulls,Win, and you criticise the style, lose and you gloat,Kear is a rubbish coach.And as for you playing R.U. making you know all about R.L. is an absolute nonsense,the only comparison with both games is the shape of the ball.But at a guess you was a prop forward in R.U. so you probably would never have seen the ball to recognise its shape.

At a guess, as I played well over a hundred games of RL, I played a fair few more than you.

Maybe it's a good job we never got to Wembley. You would have sucked the life out of any party.

38 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

At a guess, as I played well over a hundred games of RL,

13 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

You have absolutely no idea how many games I played 

never mind all that are bradford going to win on sunday

17 minutes ago, POR said:

never mind all that are bradford going to win on sunday

Who knows.

According to Fairfolly, we are midtable team doing our best to establish viability in the Championship. It's only the shrewd coaching of John Kear that's ensured there's been no  return drop to League 1.

Well, that and our £500,000 wage bill.

5 hours ago, binosh said:

Bradford are a funny one, the have spent Top 4 money yet dont seem to be hitting this heights on the pitch, it almost seems like a strange thing to say after watching them beat my team easily (Leigh) and Leeds but they now seem to be on a downward spiral.

Most teams seem to be finding some mid-season form yet Sheffield & Bradford look the opposite.

I honestly see Sheffield, Bradford & maybe York falling away as the season progresses whilst Fev, Fax, Leigh & Batley seem to be holding their own as seasoned championship campaigners.

You could be right , our last 4 games of the season are TWP away , Fev  home , Leigh and Fax away , with one of the smallest budgets in the champ I never expected us to do so well .....so far. Never expected us to do the double over Widnes , neither did anyone else , maybe surprise a few more . Where we end up at season end is anybody's guess but I have enjoyed watching us learn what playing in this division is all about.

Archived