Sat 8th/Sun 9th Jun : The Betfred Championship Fixture Thread

22 minutes ago, Bartholemew Smythe said:

Pushed ...Give your head a wobble.The Fax player should`ve pulled out as the ball was well gone.

We will soon see. Until the brawl happened the officials didn't even think it warranted a penalty. Well unless its standard for play to carry on for about 15 seconds once the ball has come out of the sky after a late hit.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tremendous downpour before the game at Odsal possibly  reduced the crowd and certainly  made the ball slippery all through the game. Plenty of handling mistakes by both sides.

The Bulls deserved the win but the scoreline is more than a bit flattering. Batley had some slick moves and plenty of play in our 20; however, the Bulls defence was tighter than in recent weeks and held firm.

We actually tried a more open style today and, whilst it's a work-in-progress, it made for more entertaining rugby. We tried to spread the ball across the line and even scored a try from an offload.

Lots of towering bombs but both fullbacks acquitted themselves well.  Foggy got MoM but no-one really stood out. I thought Jordan Lilley was our best player and Jovili Taira had a great game for Batley.

Couple of half-hearted melees and one yellow card but that's to be expected in a derby game. I thought the ref had a good game.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

4 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Leigh 31 - 8 Fax, didn't expect that. Side looked balanced with 5 grunts, even allowed more game time to get Hock up to speed. Fax were simply well beaten down the middle, despite having all the early ball and position. Best performance of the season so far 3400 gate

Leigh and Featherstone are playing well.

50 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Tremendous downpour before the game at Odsal possibly  reduced the crowd and certainly  made the ball slippery all through the game. Plenty of handling mistakes by both sides.

The Bulls deserved the win but the scoreline is more than a bit flattering. Batley had some slick moves and plenty of play in our 20; however, the Bulls defence was tighter than in recent weeks and held firm.

We actually tried a more open style today and, whilst it's a work-in-progress, it made for more entertaining rugby. We tried to spread the ball across the line and even scored a try from an offload.

Lots of towering bombs but both fullbacks acquitted themselves well.  Foggy got MoM but no-one really stood out. I thought Jordan Lilley was our best player and Jovili Taira had a great game for Batley.

Couple of half-hearted melees and one yellow card but that's to be expected in a derby game. I thought the ref had a good game.

Hope to see Bradford come other to Leyth on Sunday in numbers.Should be a good game.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

13 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

We will soon see. Until the brawl happened the officials didn't even think it warranted a penalty. Well unless its standard for play to carry on for about 15 seconds once the ball has come out of the sky after a late hit.

Watch the ref, he was always going back to the incident after he had played advantage

14 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I think the touch judge on Leigh's left gave the decision. Play carried on, mainly because Leigh got the ball from the kick (and should really have scored), as well as the brawl.

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Watch the ref, he was always going back to the incident after he had played advantage

The ref had actually given a pen to Fax for offside from the second kick through in that play, from the touchline.

16 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

We can discuss it again once the replay of the game is out. ?

Tangata has a fair amount of previous for late hits on the kicker, no?

16 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Ref played on Leigh advantage as we were in Attack and we actually scored but the linesman came onto the field and advised the ref to pull it back for foul play, should have been no more than a penalty for Leigh for a late challenge until Fleming starting throwing bombs.

8 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Lions have a better ground then Eagles. 

It's difficult to think who doesn't have a better ground than Sheffield, it might be new (12 months ish) but how they are allowed in the second tier is a mystery.

On 06/06/2019 at 18:27, fairfolly said:

Wolford,

I think you qualify as the most miserable R.L. supporter I have had the good fortune not to know.

I was at Odsal the night Stephen Kearney was sent off after 7 minutes and Hull FC lost 71-0.

Had you met me on that occasion, any future meeting you might have had with Wolford and you'd think he was a lottery winner.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

So was I Frightful, the sending off ruined what could have been a good game but,if I remember correctly Hull threw the towel in almost immediately.Seems as though the present team do not seem to have bucked that trend some games lately.However, i to have been through these times in the late to middle 60,s at Bradford when it was like a Butlins Holiday Camp to some of the players we signed.When it was a cup game and the money was on they would try their hearts out,next week when the money was back to normal no effort at all.

On 09/06/2019 at 13:48, Lounge Room Lizard said:

I am guessing its not as much as the 8s, especially when now not playing against 4 SL Teams. There must be some reward financially in finishing in the top 5 from the RFL. But how much few seem to know! How much do clubs get for reaching the Cup Semi? Nobody seems to know!I presume its shared money in the top 5 playoffs. I guess the extra games and possible TV game in the top 5 playoffs help bring in extra money in a small way.

In which case nobody can budget for the top five, which was sort of my point. There should be no moaning and gnashing of teeth this year at the thought of missing out on £250k.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived